So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hey Gophie.  Always good to be spiritually nourished.  Have you read The Purpose Driven Life?  It's been a few years for me.  I think it's time for a revision.

Taco salad for munch.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

I like the Taco Salad from Taco Time. Lovely... but expensive. I do mine without the basket, just add chips and homemade guacamole and salsa. Easy peasy.

We've managed to book our vacation this May. Gonna go to Disneyland. Yaayyy! Looking forward to going somewhere other than Vancouver Island. (no offense to PC) Happy happy thoughts to keep me going through the dreary wintry months.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

None taken Lise. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c020.gif" border=0]

Disneyland !!!!  OH BOY !  I'd love to go to Disneyland.

SD...there are 2 sections of baren land on the trip to Courtnay that are the result of a forest fire many years ago.  It is all replanted...but unfortunately a forest takes time.  I don't know if you took in Comox while you were up in Courtenay.  It's a lovely little town and if you head to the far side of Comox, there are endless beaches.  Campbell River is really nice too.  Very much a beachy little town.  I used to not care too much for CR, but it has really grown up nicely in the last 10 years.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

thanks for the clarification P.C. but that doesn't explain an area a bit outside of parksville. It had freshly cut trees down.
Courtenay I didn't really like but Comox looked really nice, should of gone across the bridge. bummer.
eh, not going further north unless I have to.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Morning!  blah rain.  But it's warm today.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Good morning SD and LM. :))

You didn't go, LM?  

Wow...Disneyland!  That's so much fun!

We're planning to go to Edmonton (for the mall) with a friend, and hopefully, I get to visit my friend at the Bahamas.  

Lil Me

Hey purelife.  I'm on my way out to the passport office now.  I had a few things to do after I took Heckyl and Jeckyl to school, so I came home.  Not feeling very organized, as I overslept today..... ah well.  Just finishing coffee now.

Heckyl needs a passport renewal.

Had a lovely pink grapefruit this morning.

P.C.

Lil Me!  I don't think I've ever heard you sound discombooberated.  You must still be suffering a hangover from your nasty cold.  (bad news...we don't seem to bounce back as quickly as when we were younger )

SD.  You're right.  Courtenay isn't that impressive.  The outskirts are quite nice, but the town itself is like any other town that sprawled incorrectly.  The main downtown street is quite nice though.  (especially at Christmas)  It almost becomes a little Rockwell town and the shopping on the main street is full of unique little shops of all varieties.

I think you'd like Campbell River.  It really does epitimize a seaside town and it's always bustling with all kinds of community events.  In the other direction, check out Chemanus.  Another neat little town surrounded by some unusual and unique old houses.  

I'm all stiff and sore from painting from dawn til dusk all weekend.  (I need to stay off ladders )[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/o010.gif[/img]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Really, Campbell River, hmmm.
I want to go to tofino first before going north again.

everybody's planning a trip! lol so am i
on reading break my roommates and I are going to L.A., San Diego, I want to walk around Tijuana for some reason, Vegas (just to see it, otherwise we all think its a pointless city), Grand Canyon (maybe). Of course I'll be doing all the driving again. Shouldn't be bad this time, its not that far.

Michel

Sportsdude

why will only the south rim be open?  

Michel

Sportsdude

ah thanks for the info.  

Lil Me

Sounds like the makings of a good road trip.

Can't get enough citrus food. Oranges.  Grapefruits.  Lemon juice.  Mmmmmmm.

purelife

Just plain lemon juice?  My mouth is already squirming and watering just hearing the word "lemon..."

I know what you mean about citrus craving.  I had a large freshly squeezed o.j. for breakfast this morning... expensive $5.95 at Jugo Juice... a craving is a craving... *sigh*    

|