So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

I bet you liked the ketchup chips...mmmm......yummy!  

Lil Me

hahaha Michel.

pl- I like all flavoured chips.  Ketchup, dill pickle, cheese, sour cream n onion... Ok, enough talk about junk food!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

mmm.....I can finish the whole bag of Mrs. Vickies.  but yea, no junk food talk.. for now.

I'm gonna have to spank myself if I veer off my meal plans course. :P

Sportsdude

I don't like ketchup either. eck
grew up on mustard.

thanks pl for the chicken advice, no t&t here :((((( total bummer

evening everyone! hope you all had a great day.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

What major grocers do you have down there besides Superstore?  

Sportsdude

quality foods
thrifty's
save on

Lil Me

Lots of cheap sources of protein- tuna, beans (canned and dried), tofu, peanut butter.

Sometimes there are great deals on frozen meat, too.  I usually buy frozen chicken.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

yeah I'm getting frozen chicken, once I have money. lol

Lil Me

Well, SD- we can all sympathize with your situation.  It's a financial strain to leave home for the first time, but YOU CAN DO THIS!  (we did!)  I ate a lot of peanut butter, instant noodles, and homemade muffins.  Mr LM ate KD and hot dogs (cooked in toaster).  Actually, Mr LM was the king of 1-dish meals during uni- cooked KD or hamburger helper and added a handful of frozen veg to the same pot.  Eat it out of the pot and you only have to wash a pot and a spoon!  

purelife

I agree with Lil Me.  

Aside from this, morning everyone!  

Sportsdude

thanks for the advice.

good morning

JJ

If you want strange combinations with eggs.  My husband eats waffles with eggs on top, then a large amount of maple syrup over everything.

Russ

JJ wrote:
   If you want strange combinations with eggs.  My husband eats waffles with eggs on top, then a large amount of maple syrup over everything.

There is somethig wrong with this? Everything gets covered in whatever sauce is within reach.. especially that wonderful creation called ketchup :)

Eggs can go in everything as well.. ham and cheese sandwhichs, burgers (with ham as well), soups, chili.. I try it, and eat em in everything. mmm

what were we talking about again?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Hi JJ, I don't think we've "officially" met yet.  Welcome. :)))

Morning Russ and PC.

P.C.

lol Russ.

That is a little strange JJ.  I mean the syrup and waffles is good.....but the syrup touching my eggs would never work for me.

*Happy Tuesday !  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|