So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

LOL about that President Choice joke, Michel!  You are funny.... meet? ;)

Good morning everyone.

I think my dentist's practice has lots of money because they also handed out packages of Dentyne gum.  

I have a question for you guys and hoping for an opinion.

A few weeks ago, my friend asked me to be her date (not the kind of date you're thinking of) to this event.  I told her that it's a maybe because it's too soon to tell if I could go.  Well, she ended up buying two tickets because she knows that the events sells out VERY quickly. (which is true).  But now, I can't make it and I feel guilty that she has already brought these tickets.  I feel like I have to pay her back or something, but I never said yes or no to her and didn't tell her to buy the tickets.  What do you guys think?      

P.C.

I understand how you would feel a wee bit guilty, but I think it's a little misplaced.

If the situation were reversed, and YOU were the one that took it upon yourself to buy the tickets 'on a MAYBE', I bet you would not expect the other person to compensate you for your decision.  She jumped the gun of her own choice.  A heartfelt "thankyou for thinking of me, I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding someone else to go", will suffice.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Michel

purelife

Thanks you two.  I know what to do now... just let her know that I can't go (which is for real) and hope that she could find another friend to go with.

Lil Me

Yup, that's exactly what I would do, purelife.

Or send Michel as your replacement :)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Point her in the direction of someone you think would be pleased to go with her.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Lunch today.....leftover Chicky Pot Pie.

Still can't locate my eagle.  

Lil Me

Aw.  Maybe you can run around the yard flapping and squacking.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

That didn't work.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 Lunch today.....leftover Chicky Pot Pie.

Still can't locate my eagle.

Uh.. you sure it was chicken in your pot pie?

Hey!!! Brainstorm here.. maybe today I can do a hot pot!

hmmmm.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

This isn't the word association game, Russ...  

Russ

Hoohaa? What word association game..

Hows your afternoon going miss LM?

Im having a lazy one...
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

MMMMMm....Hot Pot.  Sounds like a good idea.  (have yet to find that baby leafy bok choy that you had)

Lil Me

I said word association, because you made the lead from chicken pot pie to hot pot.  (reminded me of the Word Association Game thread...)

It's a good afternoon, Russ...trying to get some crap done, but taking my time doing it.

Turkey vegetable soup for dinner later.

|