So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

wyk - why don't you register here and you and purelife can set up a lovely date together?

Hello amigoes,

Well, I went to the periodontist for my interview. Boy, talk about not organized at all. I found out that she literally squeezed me in between patients so we only  manage to talk for like 5 mins. I mean, WTH? If you are interested in hiring, shouldn't you at least take more than 10 mins to talk to the potential candidate? Or schedule a meeting after work?

On top of it, she had lost my resume. Lucky I had a few copies with me - I almost didn't bring the copies but thought I might be able to hand out a few if I spot some dental offices.

We did not even get the chance to discuss wages and compensation etc etc etc. Rushed me out the door before I could say anything. She wants me back for 'observation'... not paid, of course... next Thursday (forgot I had to drop Lise Jr. to preschool) but I called back to set for another date. We'll see if she can change it to a Friday or Saturday.

I got another call from a dental office in Metrotown. If all goes well, I might get a job interview next week. *fingers crossed*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Afternoon Lise.

Is it really gloomy out there?  I'm looking out at my window and it's dark dark in DT.  I haven't been outside yet...

Sounds like there aren't many professional dental offices with proper and formal HR procedures set in place.  what a bunch of yahoos!  anyways, i'll cross my fingers/eyes/ears/toes...you name it for good luck. :)) *hugz*

P.C.

Bummer Lise.  Well you may not be having much luck yet.....but it certainly seems that your skills are in demand.  If that's the case....it should allow you the luxury of being a little selective.  I know you're going to find exactly the right thing.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Hey, that's what my hubby says. Be selective, don't settle for a crappy dentist. Trouble is I keep getting discourage by what's out there. *sigh* Meh, I should just open my own business and hire dentist instead.

What for dinner everyone? I have chicken shake n bake, grilled salmon, steamed okra and rice tonight.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lise

Was she smoking hawt, Michel?
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Shake n bake? I wanted to make it too but Superstore were sold out in the small packs of drumsticks.  My grandma gave me the recipe where you add the curry spices along with coconut to that shake n bake.  I've got all the ingredients but have yet to try it.

I had some pork vegetable gyoza and freshly popped popcorn.  no oil, no salt, just plain.  I wanted to test drive our new popcorn maker. :)))

P.C.

Pork steaks, rice and snap peas.

They're out there Lise......hang in there.  Have you looked at the types of practises that Sawdust was talking about.  

Sportsdude

good evening DS!

Went to Longwood Pub for dinner today. Cool brew pub.

Watched the season premiere of Smallville.

WEEKEND!! woot!

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I saw Smallville as well, only because my guy is also a fan.  It was really good.  Lana looked hawt in China!  

Lil Me

Hello Everyone.
 Whew.  That was a long day.
 Funeral was fine- people actually attended.  Followed by family dinner.  Got to see some long lost cousins!!

P.C.-my great aunt had no children or grandchildren.  She lived alone and more often than not turned down any invitations to family dinners.  We hadn't seen her for years.

purelife- the funeral was in the late afternoon.  It took us most of the day, though- picking up Heckyl and Jeckyl from school at 11:30, getting them lunched and changed, then getting to the cemetary early to set-up.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Quite a day.  So sorry Lil Me.

Lil Me

Must sleep.  See y'all tomorrow!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

P.C.

ditto.  Sleep well.

I'm off to bed as well.  Good night  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/k030.gif" border=0]  

|