So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Morning everyone.  Looks pretty gloomy now.. :(((

I made pumpkin spice bread last night.  It turned out good but the bread was a wee bit mushy.  Me thinks it was the moisture from the canned pumpkin.  I've gotta pat dry the pumpkin for my next attempt.

Are funerals usually for the full day or half, LM?

P.C.

Ooooo....mooshy pumpkin bread is the best.

Good morning purelife and Lil Me.............

Off to my great aunt's funeral today- the one who died alone in her apt.  She was quite reclusive, and noone knew much about her.  My mom and dad have learned quite a bit about her by sorting her belongings- music she liked, things she collected.

Awwww....poor aunty.  Did she have no children Lil Me?

Gawd....I hope nobody thinks they'd have a hope trying to figure out anything about me from what I leave behind.  They would surely conclude I had several personalities.  Right now they might decide that I'm eclectic......if I can get my hands on a lot of money, then they could say I was eccentric.

Mr LM graciously did the layout for the programs at the funeral.  When I went to Staples to pick them up yesterday, the inside was printed UPSIDE DOWN.  Ooops.  Needless to say, the store manager was totally embarassed, and they did a rush job to re-do before the end of the day yesterday.

Holy....that's quite the faux pas.  Good thing they got it sorted out by the end of the day.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Morning PC...mooshy pumpkin bread is ok?  it's ok to have some moosh to it at the bottom?    

Sportsdude

morning all!

I don't see the big deal in having a gf, wyk, she studies in the library, I've started doing the same thing, been more productive with my time. How can that be bad?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

SD, you should spend time thinking about sex. Now that's productive in my books!

Hey Lil Me. Hope the furneral goes ok. I mean, it's kinda sad but it needs to be done. I hope your aunt finally found peace.

Pumpkin bread....? Ooooh.... that sounds delicious. Care to share the recipe, purelife?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Morning Lise.

I sure will share it.  I'll post it tonight.  It's simple to make with ingredients that aren't too fancy.  Your house will smell divine for hours. :)))

Sportsdude

afternoon!
love pumpkin bread.
Having soup for lunch.

weekend!

Gopher

Chicken Balti followed by blackberries in jelly.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

scratch that, eggs 'n tortilla.  

wyk

Lil Me wrote:
...Off to my great aunt's funeral today- the one who died alone in her apt.  She was quite reclusive, and noone knew much about her.  My mom and dad have learned quite a bit about her by sorting her belongings- music she liked, things she collected...

Condolences to you and your family on the death of your great-aunt.  I know what it is like to find things about someone when you're going through their belongings after their death.  My great-aunt was a pack-rat, lol, saved every issue of the weekly newspaper for like a decade.  Imagine the piles in the basement.  Oh it took us like a month just to clear out her house for the garage sale, but it was wonderful, just talking about her, looking at things, crying a bit, getting to know someone we thought we knew.

Sportsdude wrote:
morning all!

I don't see the big deal in having a gf, wyk, she studies in the library, I've started doing the same thing, been more productive with my time. How can that be bad?

I guess kids do things differently and quicker these days.  Like school just started Sept. 4 and already you're saying you have a girlfriend.  To me girlfriend is someone you date, introduce to your parents and friends, and are sexually exclusive with.  Is that what you meant by girlfriend or did you mean a pal that happens to be a girl?  I thought most people took a few months before they decide to be boyfriend and girlfriend, or am I wrong?  I was like whoa, slow down, you're gonna be there for the next 3 years, no rush to get that serious about someone, should be having fun meeting lots of other gals, heck have a few one-nighters (always practice safer sex and be sober), ya know?  

purelife

To me girlfriend is someone you date, introduce to your parents and friends, and are sexually exclusive with.  Is that what you meant by girlfriend or did you mean a pal that happens to be a girl?  I thought most people took a few months before they decide to be boyfriend and girlfriend, or am I wrong?

I like how you get right to business, there, wyk.  No "Hi everyone."  Your approach is blunt, but I could live with that.  ;) Meat?

purelife

Lunch was sheperd's pie and an apple with green tea.

You guys would love the pumpkin bread recipe.  Got it off from the Shape magazine.  All healthy stuff and low-in fat. :))

Sportsdude

healthy eh? cool.

wyk

purelife wrote:
I like how you get right to business, there, wyk.  No "Hi everyone."  Your approach is blunt, but I could live with that.  ;) Meat?[/DIV]

purelife

Wow.  What took you so long, girl?   I had to wait YEARS!  

I know we had our up's and down's but...but.....

|