So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sawdust

Hi Lise

A couple of thoughts on your quest.

1) Look for a multi-doctor practice. It is much easier to afford quality staff when the expenses are shared and with more Dr's. Also with a larger staff flexible/part-time scheduling is more common and easier to accomodate.

2) Look for a practice that invests in patient perceptions of their practice i.e. they spend money on their leaseholds, patient comforts and new technology. These Dr's realize that patients have a choice and work to keep them. The Dr's that have this mindset, generaly have the same feeling towards their staff.

3) Ask them what they provide for continuing education for their staff. Dr's who do this have a strong desire to retain, not retrain.

4) Check out their websites. Do they give you a good feel? Do they show the staff or just focus on the Doc? A good practice realizes that they can't do it all and that their staff is as important as they are in the patients eyes.

You are the driver in today's employment market, take a little while to do your research, you're worth it.

Good Luck!  
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

P.C.

Mr. Sawdust knows all that stuff.  He is hirer guy.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/figuren/c040.gif" border=0]   (of course I taught him everything he knows).[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/c010.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Lil Me wrote:  P.C.- What's the bear report today?

I saw nothing today.....although I did my fair share of looking over my shoulder.  I also kept the doors closed today when I was inside.  They are usually wide open.

Sportsdude

well just got back from a date.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

so early.........you have curfew??

P.C.

DO tell.  Where'd you go...what'd you do....what did you see.....did you have dinner ?  What was the topic of conversation ?

Sportsdude

hehehe

I don't know if I'd call it an 'official' date but its heading in that direction.
We went to Acme had sushi.
Then we practically walked back to school. She had to catch a bus home.
Next time its my turn taking her out. lol

P.C.

Isn't that where the roadrunner eats ?

Sportsdude

[a href="vny!://www.acmefoodco.ca/"]vny!://www.acmefoodco.ca/[/a]

cool place.

lazy one

If you don't call it an "official date" then why did you just announce that you had just been on a "date?"  How come you don't make sense?    

And, goodness gracious, hanging out with a girl doesn't mean that you've been on a date.  You totally sound so green in this area of "female" friends.  

Sportsdude

lazy one

Sportsdude wrote:
nevermind.  
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]A man of few words.  That's so unlike you.

P.C.

It does look like a cool place.  I've never been there. (I've never even heard of it....lol)

Sportsdude

Its downtown next to the Cambie, Queen etc across from the convention centre being built. cool place.  

P.C.

Gotta sleep.  G'night. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/k030.gif" border=0]

|