So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Good idea. if I were you, I would also pay attention not let a virtual reputation about your "hotness" develop again, cos I think that's looking for trouble on the net. This reputation has followed you since DV aka Disfunctional Vancouver and some wackos still talked about you many months after you left and disapeared from there.

That was the other thing I wanted to tell you. This and also the amount of info that you're letting go. For example, you just posted that you live in an appartment and that technically the admirer can pitch his bear to your balcony. You say too much if there's really a stalker trying to get at you. YOu have no idea how much he knows about you and where he gets his information, so just don't say anything absolutly necessary.

Pay attention. Once again, I'm not trying to scared you.    

purelife

Michel

well I sure gonna miss your virtual presence , but I think it's better like that. Create a totaly new handle, asexual if possible. lol

P.C.

Purelife.....there is nothing they can glean from your profile.  Nothing.  Except your email addy, which you can opt to have hidden.  I think people checking peoples profiles is SO common, as to render it meaningless.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

I really doubt the two are connected.

Michel

well if she do not received a lot of PM, you have to explain why some guest check her profile 10 times more often than any others. Still, you're right, I don't think the profile reveals a lot, except if she was "virtually" here.

P.C.

It could very well be me for that matter.  As purelife is 'hidden' when online, I regularly run down the list, to see who is here.  That would come up as viewing a profile.  I'm really relatively sure it means nothing.  You can also access the person's last posts by clicking on their handle.....which would also show up as 'viewing profile'.

I think the incidents are separate from online.  No proof of course...just a hunch.  Purelife, if this is a concern for you, I don't think it would hurt to at least document a call to the police.  

Gopher

PLEASE, Purelife - don't go away. If you did then who else could I dedicate a shoe thread to?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

It could very well be me for that matter.  As purelife is 'hidden' when online, I regularly run down the list, to see who is here.  That would come up as viewing a profile.  I'm really relatively sure it means nothing.  You can also access the person's last posts by clicking on their handle.....which would also show up as 'viewing profile'.

Ahh this could explain a lot indeed, and I hope it's only that, but still, I think the other advices I gave to PL should be taken seriously by her.

49er

I think you guys are making a big deal out of nothing.........its probably an admirer at work.  Like she said who on the forum know where she live

P.C.

I'm of the same thought 49er.  It's a huge leap from someone viewing a profile, which basically divulges nothing, to someone putting teddy bears on a car.  I don't get the connection.

Michel

Well let's hope. With all the explanations you gave PC, it seems very plausible that there's no connection whatsoever. For what I knew before your explanations about how DS works, the only think I could say is that there were definitly a lot more checking of her profile, an amount definitly noticeable, day after day.

Anyway, DV/DS stalker/admirer or not, the teddy bears are still very real.

49er

P.C. wrote:
I'm of the same thought 49er.  It's a huge leap from someone viewing a profile, which basically divulges nothing, to someone putting teddy bears on a car.  I don't get the connection.[/DIV]
 Yeah......once you've looked at a person's profile, which doesn't reveal anything anyway, why keep going back  

49er

.........and if it was someone from here or DV, he would refer to her as Purelife

P.C.

.........and if it was someone from here or DV, he would refer to her as Purelife

[FONT size=4]Of course !!!![/FONT]   Good point.[/DIV]

|