So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Did your parents wish you a happy bday, SD?  

Sportsdude

not really. no.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Sounds like my parents. Ah, you'll get used to it in time.  

Sportsdude

yeah probably. My b-day will probably be celebrated when we have a going away party for me.  

Sportsdude

Honestly I'm more excited about school. I so can't wait.  

P.C.

purelife wrote.....birthdays are overrated. ;)

On the contrary.....they beat the alternative.

*SD.....how do you 'not really' not wish someone a happy birthday?

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

it can be done.  

P.C.

I remember your birthday now.....you ignored my Marlyn Monroe cake and my beautiful song.

I think you might have a short memory, SD.  You wrote on your birthday, that it was the best birthday EVER.  Your dad took you out to dinner at his pub and you guys talked about world issues for hours.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I know. That was great even though he never acknowledged it was my b-day. It was just the feel. Things were off.  

Michel

Too much love, and too much difficulty to communicate. Your father loves you a lot SD.

Sportsdude

i know that he's been there for me a lot.  

purelife

I bet that it was your dad's way of acknowledging it, the way he knows how to.  What more could you ask for?  

Sportsdude

nothing, it was a great b-day from the people that were home. Half the family though was elsewhere we never had a sit down together. We've done this before, 2 years ago we celebrated christmas in late january because of conflicting schedules. Its nothing about love its just my birthday has been postponed. Its rather odd. Since the postponedment my mom and sis haven't done anything or said anything about 'happy birthday'. etc.

Equivalent would be delaying a wedding on the wedding day, then when you have the wedding its sort of moot and nobody shows up because they couldn't make it.

Michel

hum, obviously not the party type in the familly...

Sportsdude

it was just sort of strange that's all. Everyone acts like my b-day hasn't happened yet.
Anyway
what's for dinner?
here it's lasagna

|