So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

lol

Remember, if you would live in Québec City, you would find useful too to be able to read that Smooth Peanut Butter label so that you don't use it to shine your shoes.

P.C.

Especially if they are white canvas.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/c025.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Devil

Bonjour! Hello!

(sorry, I feel bad, that is about all the French I know...oh and poutine!)

Mmmm, lunch was pizza and a beer with a co-worker.

Beautiful rainy day here. This cooler weather is so fresh.

Any plans for the weekend. We are staying at home this weekend. Yard work and housework to catch up on. I will take time out to boot the soccer ball around with my son too.  

Sportsdude

awesome devil!
I'm just going to try to survive the weekend. This is our 7th day of temperatures above 38 regionally and 40C in my backyard with 44C heat index. Its suppose to be 40C all this weekend which means 41ish in my backyard most likely. God knows what the heat index is suppose to be.

For you farenheit folks thats 100 plus 7 days in a row at 110F heat index and this weekend its going to be 102 every day until Monday which means 105 in my backyard (always hotter out here for some reason) and 110+ heat index.

City officials in the city are going door to door getting people out of their homes if they don't have a/c.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Umm...SD?....YOU'RE the Fahrenheit folks....WE'RE the Celsius folk. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c028.gif" border=0]  

Sportsdude

nah I've been stuck in the Celsius folks for about a year. I've embraced the metric system too, I think its much easier to understand.  

P.C.

I have not embraced the metric system.  I still have to ask how many kilometers of bananas I need to make banana loaf. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e058.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

lol!
us system is silly. Its not practical, imo.
I would have been much much better in math if I was taught the metric system exclusively.

purelife

afternoon everyone.

lunch is edamame beans...  i'm so sore from my workout... using the ball is brutal, absoltuely brutal!

Devil

I like the metric system. Funny though, all the lumber and measurements at a hardware store in Canada are still in feet and inches.

Hi everyone! *waves to sports...hugz purelife and P.C.*

purelife

Sportsdude

whAT? they're still in the acient way of measuring? no way.  

Devil

Oh for sure! All trades people too, all lingo is feet and inches.  The weird thing is, it is just normal, Canadians don't even think about it. Metric is used a lot too. I don't like miles when driving in the US. Seems to take longer to get where you are going, haha!

Sportsdude

unless you're going 130kph then it doesn't seem to take forever at least that's my observation for driving on vacations.  

Michel

Believe it or not, miles are still used everywhere in Yukon, thanks to the Alaska Highway, where everything is located by milepost... Hence the use of kilometers is nearly unknown even for distances...  

|