So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I have no clue pl. I just got an email that said we have an apartment (basically condo) for you to move into want it? I was like sweet!
My dad was a little shocked that I'll be living with 2 girls. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Really?  Your dad hasn't been out to the uni/college campuses these days.  2 guys, one girl or 2 girls one guy combo's are popular.  OMG3SUM!!!

[SPAN class=smalltext]
[FONT size=2]shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview[/FONT][/SPAN]
 [TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]ba[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]foo[/TD] [TD]r[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT type=hidden value=394cefc7ea80c8f4c53d061620df6ebf name=sauce_check][INPUT size=10 value=foobar name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][INPUT accessKey=s onclick="return scheck(); return submitThisOnce(this);" tabIndex=3 type=submit value=Post name=post] [INPUT accessKey=p onclick="return (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == "undefined" || !document.postmodify.attachmentPreview.value || confirm('You will have to reattach any attachments, continue with preview?')) && submitThisOnce(this);" tabIndex=4 type=submit value=Preview name=preview][img id=fetchSessionTemp alt="" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/Themes/default/images/blank.gif"]

Sportsdude

lol yeah. He told my mom whom then tells me everything that he trusts me to practice 'safe sex' lol. I'm not stupid like the other cousins.

[a href="http://www.malaspinaresidences.ca/apartRes.html"]http://www.malaspinaresidences.ca/apartRes.html[/a]

P.C.

I must pay more attention next time I drive by Malaspina.  For the life of me, I can't recall seeing these residences.  And if I have...they sure don't look the same as those pics. (from the outside I mean)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

they were just built around '04,'05. Malaspina is in a building boom. They just finished the 15 million dollar library and by the time I'm finished there they'll have a new social science building.

They're there just look it up on google maps. lol.

P.C.

LOL....I don't need a map to get to Malaspina.  

Sportsdude

hehe yeah its not hard to find.

Lise

Good morning all. Wow. What a busy morning.

I'm with you on the houses in the USA. I can't believe the prices of some of them. Do you watch any of the home renos on HGTV? For the price of the house we're paying right now, we could have had a mansion in the states. Well, apart from New York which is crazy.

I have to bake a cake today for my hubby's b'day. We're going out to celebrate his b'day so he's requested a mint chocolate cake with frosting. Did I tell you I love baking? Yup. I just made another batch of chocolate chip cookies last night and 1/2 is gone already. Man, our family eats cakes like there's no tommorrow.

Now if I can only get them to eat my other dishes that are not sweet.......

Oh er.... SD, please for the love of all things beautiful, don't say 'safe sex'..........  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

cake cake cake
what's wrong with 'safe sex' lise?

Lise

Nothing, SD. Just you and the word together makes teh Lise.......
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

P.C.

Pictures of the cake please Miss Lise.  I can already imagine how yummy it will be. (Happy Birthday to hubby)

Michel

sorry for the delay, I just took the skytrain to come here, and for info on my way I heard 6 tourists speaking French (a group of 3 and a couple with a kid).

Well, politics aside....and no disrespect intended....I find it to be extremely frustrating.  

[FONT face=Arial color=#666699]French Mother Tongue Population[/FONT]: [FONT face=Arial]63 625[/FONT]
[FONT face=Arial color=#666699]Population with a knowledge of both official languages[/FONT]: [FONT face=Arial]269 363[/FONT]

That's about the figures I saw. Frustrating or not, English Canadians always repeat that this is our country too. Well love this country or just break it. For my own, I refused to fight against any culture or language, be it fakingly official on paper or not. If English Canadians say that French Canadians are Canadians too, then they must respect the language of the minority. Otherwise they must let Québec, Acadians and other francophones leave if they expresse that wish. That's what the vast majority of the population thinks back East.

It's very well known for historical reasons (British supremacy has been replaced by US supremacy) that the English speaker is the laziest  language learner in the world, despite that he's among the most exposed to other languages. More than any culture in the world, English Canada is at the forehead of this phenomenon. And since French Canadians have been geographically, culturally, historically and politically submitted to these 2 influences (US and Brit) more than any other people in the world, you could hardly imagine that there wont be frustrations on both sides.

On another note miss PC, and more interesting, I put a link of the bear in the couguar thread, wonder if you saw it?

Lise

[img style="WIDTH: 460px; HEIGHT: 294px" height=400 src="http://i19.tinypic.com/4k9osue.jpg" width=519]

Ask and ye shalt receive. This is the cake that I made for Lise Jr. A rich (too rich for me) chocolate cake. She wanted lotsa chocolate flavor so I searched for one that had tons of chocolate in it.  
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I find bi-lingualism cool.  

|