So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Just in case anyone thinks they're having a bad afternoon.....

I am wading around in an inch and a half of water.  Am I frolicking at the local water park?  NO.

My washing maching backed up into my shower and flooded the bathroom, laundry room, hallway and kitchen.  It's all underneath the new floors.  Is that the bad part ?  NO

I dug around in the yard til I located the baffle which leads to the septic tank to see if that's where the problem was.  It was.  Is this the worst part ?  NO

I had to poke around in this thing with a pole to free up whatever was blocking it.  Is this the living end ????   YES.

OK....here's the worst part.  I think I may have brought this on myself.  First of all don't ever wash up your tiling tools in the sink.....the mortar and mastic has a tendancy to build up and harden in huge masses.  Secondly....if you do a lot of canning......EAT IT.....don't leave it in the cupboards for 2 years and then empty it all down the toilet.

Back to operation mop up.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

OH NOES!!!

state of emergency at the PC and Sawdust house.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Oh P.C.  That's horrible.  Keep us updated.
 *bless* for your hard work today

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

OK...Hub came home from work early.   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]   I had it under control, but he came home anyways for fear that I may drown....lol   He is guiding septic guy up the driveway and he will empty the nasty beast.  First order when he is done.....a shower.  What a mess I tell ya.  I need Aroma-Therapy-In-A-Drum.

I have a dehumidifier going in the laundry room in hopes it well dry up under the flooring.  It sounds like a tank, but it's a small price to pay if it saves the floors.  Fingers are crossed.

P.C.

Thanks Lil Me.  

The septic guys are shaking their heads I'm sure.  Great massive chunks-o-stuff (mortar) keep plugging up their 6 inch hose.  (yipes.....I'm laying low.  I don't want no stinking lecture) rofl

Sawdust

Ms. P.C. can rest her conscience. The built up pieces she thought was mortar was simply an accumulation of household stuff over the last 6 years. The pumpers did their job, I bought them a beer and all is right in the boonies again.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Sportsdude

Sawdust to the Rescue!
Lady in Crisis

P.C.

Um...SD....the lady had it all handled by the time Mr. Sawdust got home.

Sportsdude

hehehe

What would he say?

Sawdust

He would say she is an incredibly resourceful lady.I came home to support her, not rescue her. Although the thought of charging in on a big steed is kind of appealing.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Sportsdude

haha.
lol
Yeah I know what you mean.  

pitbullca.bc

good evening peeps...gawd...today was painful...body wise...and slow work wise...absolutely zero entertainment...and my f.udging feet are killing me

tenkani

[FONT color=#7f3f00]Just relax, darlin'. You're home now...[/FONT]

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sawdust

I was going to pass you a foot massage, but I couldn't top that one!

Lil Me

Hey guys!

Glad to hear P.C. and Mr Saw have their problem under control.  Good work, guys.  Time for a cocktail!

I know what you mean about the "mortar" that builds up.  Our complex's sump pump was jammed last year with a HUGE boulder of kitty litter and plastic tampax applicators that people had flushed down the toilet over the years.  Yuck.  We found out when the underground parking lot filled with water.

Who really wants to drive a septic truck?  That must be one of the worst professions imaginable.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|