So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

It's really warm today, but am not complaining.  Love warm weather cuz I love summer dresses.

It's funny how I was talking about never sitting on the bow seat, #1 and yesterday, I did.  The lady who sat there wanted to experience sitting somewhere else.  Too funny!  Oh gosh, I sucked at steering the boat.    

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I did my best to, with lots of help though. :)))

Sportsdude

Well you could of done worse! lol

The lakes over here are infested with an invasive specie known as the asian carp. They're these huge fish that have sensitive hearing. They fly 5ft out to the water when a noise gets to loud. I'm sure you've seen footage of them jumping and hitting people in boats on tv before.  Well this lake I rowed at had those fish and one almost jumped and hit me in the head.

LOL!!!

tenkani

So you can go fishing by just holding a net up in the air??

SaWEET!!!!

I'm only on for a few minutes.

Work sucks...I mean having to work sucks.

Actually I'm leaving now.

Love you guys...yes, in that way   0_0

*makes like a tree*
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

Yup tenkani! It's like playing catch in the front yard, they'll just jump right into your boat. Plus nobody cares about the fish as I said they are the enemy. So fish fry anyone? lol

Here's a video of the jumping asian carp.

[A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb8OmEr7VqI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb8OmEr7VqI[/A]

Schadenfreude

That video is incredible. Are there any native species left?
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

P.C.

They kinda take the sport out of things, don't they.  Incredible!
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

OOPs....good morning purelife and SD. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a035.gif" border=0]

Bummer....missed tenk.......Hi tenk....bye tenk.

Sportsdude

yeah the local bass and catfish are still around but the asian carp are little monsters, they eat everything and anything. So the bass and catfish population is shrinking.

like some of the posters on the video site said, the newspaper people shouldn't be throwing the fish back in the water.

I think we should catch a lot of the fish and use the fish to feed the homeless.

Here in the midwest we're being invaded by invasive species its really sad. The Illinois River is full of Asian Carp so much so they have no wake zones because the fish will start flying.  

purelife

Heya PC. Tenk said that he has been really busy with work... I thought that he was only kidding but it sounds like he's serious... *cries*

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0].

Sportsdude

he's got a huge back log of projects to do. The DOD is in chaos at the moment anyway so I'm not surprised.

Lil Me

Hi Everyone!  What's for lunch?  Leftover Safeway chicken for me.

I got my blue belt in TKD today.  Hurray!

Gotta go.  Jeckyl has sand in his eyes from kindergarten, and I need to take a bunch of Mr LM's work stuff to the lab downtown.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

|

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Spammers like to suck monkey dicks, true or false?:
What's the day before Tuesday?:
If your father was named "Bob" and you're named "Jim", what's your dad's name?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview