So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

green pepper crepes?  What's that like?    

P.C.

At $2.50 an hour......yup.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

I just sauted the mushrooms, garlic and green peppers together....toss in some chunks of chicken.

Roll up in crepes with a tiny bit of leftover gravy to hold it together.  Sprinkle with a little assiago cheese....broil till it's melty ...serve with a wee dollop of sour cream and some parsley on top.

Sportsdude

lol not at 2.50

the home depot job is 8hr
the UPS job is 7hr
and I make 42 dollars a night throwing papers

I have to work all those hours, can't get a financial aid package, parents can't help me on the cost, so I'm on my own.

Unless a miracle happens I've got no choice.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Those crepes sound yummy.  I wish I had read that before I settled on a salad for dinner.  I think I know what tomorrow's lunch is going to be.  Thanks, P.C.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

Oh wow, that sounds absolutely delicious.  I will have to try that for sure.  Do you make asiago and artichoke dip?  That's just absolutely delicious.  

Sportsdude

well good night all, I'm off to dreamland.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Does anyone like the green onion pancakes (frozen) from TNA?  I loooove those things.  Therefore, I can't buy them.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I don't buy them from TNA but I attempted to make them once on my own....they are yummy and so easy to make.  Just flour, eggs, and green onions, right?  I'll have to attempt them again some time soon.    

Lil Me

I dunno.  The ones from TNA are about 2 packs for $5 on sale.  Fry in oil, cut into triangles.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Back.

That sounds good too Lil Me.  The assiago cheese and artichokes stuff is delish.....love it.

Crepes are just too darned quick and easy....and make leftovers taste special.  

purelife

Do you shop at Save On Foods?

The one in Metrotown had 3 votive candles for 50cents.  These are scented and smells great:  gingerbread, hot chocolate and roasted chestnut.  The other set  is portwine, eggnog and rum.  I brought 4 packs today.... SO CHEAP and will have to go and buy more.  A pack of 3 for 50 cents!  Can't go wrong there!

And, they had these tealight in a cup holder for 78 cents.

kitten

So many of these wonderful ideas are great if you are cooking for two or more, but when it's just for one there seem to be nothing BUT leftovers.  And the inspiration isn't there to get fancy when you know you're the only one to appreciate it.  

P.C.

Ahhhh...but we're worth the effort miss kitten.  It's the difference between eating and dining.  

I often made the point of cooking for myself before I was with Mr. P.C.  Not all the time....once or twice a week at least.  And I try to make a nice lunch now and then and eat it NOT while I'm watching TV or on the computer.

kitten

All too often I find myself gazing mournfully at the fridge and settling for yet another sandwich.  Of course one I win a sizable lottery, I'll have the chef take care of that for me.  He'll probably make better sandwiches too.

|