So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Never had Afghan food.  I hope they start bring restaurants in here with an afghan theme.  During the Bosnian war about 20,000 serbs and bosnians moved here.  Bosnian food places started popping up all over the place.
The end of the Hill the italian neighbourhood became little Bosnia.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Morning.. Hows everyone on this fine feathered morning?

Im not awake yet even though I been up for a few hours.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I'm not awak either Russ, lol.  

purelife

Morning Russ. Had your coffee yet?    

Russ

Morning PL and SD!

Im just making another cup now. I have to remember when I get teh coffee machine ready the night before.. to put coffe in it and not just water. PLain hot water in the morning plain sucks.

Anybody know about this facebook thingy thats out now? Ive gotten literally tons of requests for me to join.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

SD knows about it.  I still don't know what it is.  Is it like [A href="http://www.gradfinder.com"]www.gradfinder.com[/A]?  A place to put your name so that graduating class can contact you?

There's one person I've been looking for but can't locate her anywhere.  

Sportsdude

No. I'm on facebook.  Its how I keep in contact with people who have moved away.  For example that's how I keep in contact with my friend from the UK.

Facebook is a social networking site.  Its free, it used to be just for college kids but now anyone can join.  Its not like Myspace where everyone can see your profile.  You basically control who you want to see things and who you don't want to.  You can post photo albums up and you can make only certain people see the photos for example.

I like it.

purelife

Got a site?

The only thing I have is a blog from blogspot.  Is it like that?

Sportsdude

facebook?

or a blog?

purelife

Sportsdude

Yeah I'm on facebook.

Lil Me

Morning everyone!  I ate a chicken donair with lots of hot sauce.  And an apple.

Should try making couscous again.  I stopped because the kids were getting it all over the floor.

Totally Offtopic: We have an old Richard Scarry book from the 1970s called Going Places.  One of the characters is Couscous the Algerian Detective.  The whole book is full of old racial/cultural stereotypes.  For instance, there is a dog from Hong Kong named Ah Choo who wears really thick glasses and sneezes a lot.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I was wondering if there was a website.  I know that you're on facebook. :)

Hmm...I'll google.  

purelife

Morning Lil Me.

Richard Scarry.. I recognize that author.  That's interesting.  I know that many children's books out there have this "hidden" meaning and these meanings are unpleasant.  

Sportsdude

www.facebook.com  

|