So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

No plans here, just work on school work.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

pitbullca.bc

Poor SD...that is because your bedtime is late...poor guy...you gotta regulate!!!!  

Sportsdude

lol I haven't had a regular sleeping pattern for 3 years.  Hopefully I get it back starting in the fall.  I've been doing this so long I've forgotten what normal is.  

purelife

Morning Ms PC.  Would you be interested in meeting up with a few of us when you come to Vancouver?  We were kinda talking about it last night.  I would love to meet everyone else.  :)  Whatd'yathink?

Nope, no exciting plans...might go for pho tonight... that's about how exciting it gets :)      

Lise

I would love to meet up with Ms. PC anytime.

Lunch today will be stir-fry noodles. Yummy. Looking forward to that.

Lise Jr. is almost, very nearly almost, crawling. So cute. I love babies.........
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

ah cute, that's awesome Lise!

purelife

Stir-fried noodles....sounds yummy.  

oh wow, has 5-6months ish gone by already? that's sooo cute though...:)  

I'm thinking about roasted chicken with cous cous and hommous(sp?)    

Sportsdude

congrats on the 600 pl. ;) :)  

Lise

5th month. Boy, does time flies.......

Roast chicken and couscous sounds divine. Did you make them yourself?  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Nope, not this time.  From teh food court next door. :)

I made cous cous once and made too much.  I didn't realize how one cup of those suckers turn into a huge freakin pot!  Holy moly!  ;)

Thanks SD.

P.C.

Morning Ms PC.  Would you be interested in meeting up with a few of us when you come to Vancouver?  We were kinda talking about it last night.  I would love to meet everyone else.  :)  Whatd'yathink?

Sounds fabulous purelife and Lise.  But I think there is a pretty full itinerary already.  I'll double check and see if there is some time to spare, but 3 days isn't a lot of time.  I'd be on the black list if I didn't squeak out what leftover time there is to see some family.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

How do you make couscous? I've always wanted to try making one.

Ah, PC. Maybe next time when you're free we can all meet up.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

No worries then PC.  We'll meet up when you're free and up in Van again. :)

I brought this box of cous cous from Superstore.  I think that it was in the Asian aisles.  It was a green box by the Indian foods.  I don't remember the directions.  But all you had to do was have boiling water and put cous cous in then turn off heat (immediately) and then those lil suckers suck up the water and grow.  The directions from box were simple  I think that you'd like it.  There isn't much taste to it so I would add some spices to your cous cous and fresh chooped cilantro or parsley, salt/pepper to taste or something.  It's cheap.  :)

Lise

Wow. Sounds easy enough. I think I had couscous before at the Afghan Horseman and that was the first and only time. If it is that easy, I think I'll make it and serve it as a side dish. Thanks, purelife.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

You're welcome Lise.  It's easier to prepare than rice.  I didn't believe how easy the instructions were.  Soaking in boiling water..that was it. :)

Afghan Horsemen rules!  Love their food platters.  

|