So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Yeah I just want to get into University asap. High School and I never got along either. I like the college atmosphere much better.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

I had my reunion in the spring.  I think it can be anytime.  Call the school and ask?    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

margretli

Lise wrote:
 [div style="font-style: italic;"]Heya Jing Jing!!!! Much loved, goddess. I missed your divine presence. Did I mentioned tux visits this forum every so often? [/div]
tux... oh dear...

Anyhoo, HI LISE!!

aka Jing Jing

purelife

Hey Margret.  :)  'bless your lovely presence'

I just called my school (thanks for the idea, Lil Me) and told me that nobody from the Graduation class has come forward to organize it.  I didn't know that someone from the Grad class has to organize it.  I thought that it was an automatic thing.  That's going to be wayyyy too much work to organize it if I was going to do it solo.

The Penitent

Universities of Earthly knowledge have their place, truly, but wisdom comes with age and through wisdom is a house built; and yea, by understanding it is established; and so by knowledge shall every room be filled with precious and pleasant riches.

Yet also never forget that In much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Only in the end, when your eyes have opened does the sorrow wane as we surpass Earthly wisdom and behold our ultimate place in the natural universal order.

Lil Me

I helped to organize mine (with a group of totally diverse other people) and it wasn't too bad. If I remember correctly, the school donated the room (free), we sold admission tickets to cover the cost of appies, cups, ice, etc.  Sold drink tickets (cheap) and I think we made a bit of $$- think we donated it back to the school or the current grad class.  Something like that.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Hmm, that sounds interesting.  I would've enjoyed organizing this if there were other people I knew who wouldn't mind doing it as well, but I've lost touch with everyone.  Ah well, hopefully another group will organize one for this year.

Lil Me

Sounds like a plan.  I wouldn't jump into organizing anything big by myself, either.  If anything, I'd hunt down a small group of people that I wanted to see, and have a quiet gathering with them.  

purelife

Ah, that sounds nice as well.  I remember a small group of us went up to the Corn Maize in Surrey once.  It was fun...but that was about 2 years ago... :(

Has anyone been to the Corn Maize?

Lil Me

I've been to the one in Pitt Meadows.  Don't really like mazes (claustrophobic).  

Lil Me

*yawn*
 coffee time

purelife

*yawns as well*

What's for dinner, Lil Me?

The Penitent

I am making stone ground pasta and roasted tomatoes with some wine. It is not a sin to enjoy the bounty that the Creator provides, within reason.

Lil Me

assorted leftovers.

What's purelife having for dinner?  Sardines?

Sportsdude

I don't know what's for dinner, although something smells good from the kitchen. Smells like macaroni and tuna caserole.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|