So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Greetings all.

Lunch was lovely. Chicken pho. I think I need to add more chicken stock to the broth, tasted a bit flat.

How's everyone today? Enjoying the ever-so brief sunshine?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

doing good Lise.  Got all my course work done for my english.  Now all I have to do is take the last two tests and 5 essays and I'm done. finally.

I had salmon sandwich and rice.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Argh!!! This page is taking sooooooooooooooooo long to load.

That's great, SD. Do you plan to do anything once you're done with all your assignments?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

you mean partying?
I dunno, this is sort of like a long time coming so to speak.  The party will be everyone just doing one giant sigh. lol

We'll probably party after I get into a university because then life won't be as foggy.  I'll know where I'm going for example.  Right now its more of running in the dark.

Lise

Well, if I were you, I'll try to take a break or at least just relax..... afterall, you deserve that after working so hard, right? All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.

We'd hit the night clubs or each other's house when we were in highschool. Usually after the finals. So bad now that I think about it. Yikes. Hope Lise Jr. doesn't learn about this.
Bill Cosby.

margretli

Ended up having wonton noodle soup, with my boss...    
aka Jing Jing

Sportsdude

Can't hit the night clubs, not old enough.

Well I've always put the hs stuff and college stuff together. So yeah I finish the class, graduate but I'm still not completely done.  Until I complete the college things then its time for relaxing.

Lise

Heya Jing Jing!!!! Much loved, goddess. I missed your divine presence. Did I mentioned tux visits this forum every so often?

Oh yeah, I forgot that the age limit is stricter in the USA than in Australia. In Australia, you can usually enter the clubs around 16 years old but I'm not sure if the law has changed.

At any rate, you should at least go out and relax a bit. Maybe go away for a day or two, just to un-wind a bit. I know I would do it if I was in your shoes.[/DIV]
Bill Cosby.

The Penitent

In these time especially, pay heed to the wisdom of prophecy, and live as the Creator would have it. Join not those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat for drunkards and gluttons become poor in time, and drowsiness clothes them in rags.  

Lise

Pentinent must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah if I need to relax I have the farm to go to.  Just drive down there and walk in the fields for miles, relax go fishing etc.  

That's my quick vacation place I guess.  I'll probably do that.  If I really wanted an adventure I could go to my uncle's house in kansas city but I'm afraid of what I'd run into their with my cousins and their kids.  

purelife

Good afternoon everyone.

I ended up having beef stew with mashed potatoes and had a pickle.  Yum.  I haven't had pickles in a LOOOOONG time.  Love pickles. :)

I was out for a brief moment and it was realllly warm...nice and lovey.

Lil Me

Afternoon Lise and SD!

Lise- you Australian?  

SD-  I couldn't wait to get out of high school, either!  Didn't like the prom (we call it "Grad Night" or "Grad" here in Van) thing, but I went anyways.  Graduation was a weird scene.  I remember feeling sentimental about leaving school (even though I was dying to leave) and hugging people, and having people that I never hung out with crying on my shoulder.  Strange times.  

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Hi purelife!

Sounds like a great lunch. mmmm pickles!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I agree Lil Me.  Strange times... Oh just curious, which month are 10 year reunions usually held?  In September?  I have mine coming up this year...  

|