Anybody want a cat?

Started by Sportsdude, Jul 15 06 09:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Because Tigger doesn't get along with Angel. So we are looking for a home for miss cranky pants.

[A href="http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=205dyeh"][img alt="Image hosting by TinyPic" src="http://tinypic.com/205dyeg.jpg" border=0][/A]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Ah, looks cute but I can't. I'd take the cat but with a toddler, dog (I'm not sure he'll get along with kitty) and a baby on the way, there's no room.

Good luck on finding Tigger a place to live.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

No its not Tigger thats the problem. Its Angel. The one pictured above. Tigger doesn't like Angel and Angel sheds like no other and meows and jumps on things. Tigger is mostly calm unless Angel is around. Tiger was sleeping on top of one of our cars until I brough Angel over to see if they got along. And Tigger was hissing and yelling at Angel through while she was still in car. I like Angel but she's high mateniance and sheds.

Angel...  

Lise

Oh, sorry to get that mixed up. I guess it's a case of cat jealousy. Some cats are just plain territorial. Try your local SPCA, they might be able to help you there.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

Why not leave notices at your local vets, as well as supermarkets and laundromats?  Particularly in laundries, as people are sitting there bored out of their skulls, and usually read everything in sight.  Library bulletin boards are another good place.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

greycat

Do NOT take the cat to the SPCA, they will kill it. Surely you can try to get the cats to get along? Why did you even get another cat in the first place? I hate when people get animals and then discard them at the first sign of trouble. Poor kitty.  :'(
It is what it is.

Sportsdude

It was a cat down on the farm. It was almost killed by a bunch of my cousins boxers. If we hadn't have taken Tigger home he would have died. He had a gaping open wound in his stomach. Took months to recover.

greycat

No wonder he is cranky. I hope you find a home for the poor thing.
It is what it is.

Sportsdude

No the cranky one is Angel. She's always meowing, its annoying. Tigger's really quiet but he's territorial.

greycat

My cats are brothers, and they dont always get along, fight and stuff...its no big deal.
It is what it is.

Sportsdude

Yeah but tigger started growling and hissing. Scared Angel into the corner and he constantly went GRRRRRRH for like a half an hour.

greycat

How long have you had the new cat in the house? It might just take time...animals need to get used to each other. Are they both males? Neutered or not?
It is what it is.

kitten

The problem is that you brought Angel into another cat's territory, and cats are extremely defensive about what they consider their "own" place.

Sportsdude

Yeah I know that's what the problem was. Both are  Neutered. Angel is a girl about 12 or 13 years old can't remember and Tigger is a male he just turned 1.

kitten

Why not let them work it out between them?  One will prove to be the dominant cat, and the other will adjust to being cat Number 2.  There will be some fur flying for a few days, but things will settle down.