Moving to Vancouver

Started by Maria, Jul 11 06 03:01

Previous topic - Next topic

49er

Free speech!  People here speak their mind........whether its politically correct or not.  Remember Barbara Lee...she was only the lone vote against the Iraq invasion!.....thats why I believe you would appreciate the Bay Area.  We have UCB, Stanford, 3 state universities, private colleges, numerous law and medical schools....making this region the most tolerant in the US

Sportsdude

Didn't Wellstone and Byrd vote against it? Wellstone would have but he died. I know Byrd did.

Don't worry the university I want to go to takes frequent trips to Sacramento.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Maria

Wow, i havent been on here for a while. Thanks for the cool websites purelife, i really cant wait to head out there!!

SD, the bay area is nothing like MTV....its a very nice place...all the stuff that u are talking about only happen once in a while and only in some places, the bay area is a really cool place to live in, its close to everything and very safe...its just me...i like exploring new places and for some reason vancouver is one of the places i want to try out for a while. I'm thinking of coming for a quick visit just to get an idea but i am for sure moving. Thanks everyone for all ur help...i really appreciate it!!

Maria

Oh and btw, in case u guys were wondering why i kept posting that random girls pics up...its because 3 different people said i kind of resemble her and ever since then, i've been watching all her movies and looking at different pictures to see if i really do look like her. I personally dont think so, she has a kind of exotic look while i have a modern, regular look like any other girl...i've been getting people's opinions on how she looks so i know if i should be flattered or offended...lol...i'm not gay or anything, not that thats a bad thing..=)

purelife

You're very welcome about those links.  I'm glad that you found them useful.

Oh, now I understand why you posted those pictures.  You know what Maria, you are who you think you are.  What I mean is that when you see yourself as beautiful, many people will think the same way.  It is certainly flattering to have people tell you that you look like so-and-so celebrity who happens to be good-looking but you are unique and nobody else (well, maybe that's not true) can have the same features as you.

For example, I was told that I look like Tia Carrere by a friend.  I then mentioned this on DV (long story) and all of a sudden Orca (who has met me and is from DV) says that I look like her too.  Personally, it's a compliment to be compared to Tia because she is very beautiful.  I never knew who she was until my friend mentioned it.  I see some resemblence between Tia and I but overall, I'm happy with the way I look and only took it as a compliment nothing more.

Sportsdude

well Maria just be happy that you don't look like a Joshua Jackson clone:

Argh. That is so my high school year book freshman year pic.

purelife

What's wrong with Joshua?  I don't know who he is but he looks cute in his way.... :)  He just looks very very young though....a good thing, I suppose.

purelife

OMG, LYK this thread is FLAMING!  

Sportsdude

What are you saying I look young? Like how young?

purelife

Now that I really look at him, he looked like the guy that I had a crush on in h.s. and that he had a mad crush on me.  LOL.....

When I said young, I meant that he looked to be 17-18 years old.  

Maria

Wow, i just saw some pics of tia carrere and she is so pretty! Ur lucky to be compared to such a hot star! And sports dude, i thought that was Joshua Jackson...if that really is a pic of u, then u are his identical twin!! And i like joshua jackson, i think he is cute...theres nothing wrong with looking like him.  

Sportsdude

no that pic isn't me but its pretty darn close. I've got curlier hair and darker eyebrows but my early high school days I looked exactly like that.

purelife

There you go SD.  Two hot girls say that you look cute.        

Sportsdude

Yeah you girls seem to be the only ones.

purelife

I don't view that as lucky at all Maria.  

|