Just got bitten by a police dog

Started by Rent a Cop, Jul 12 06 03:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Rent a Cop

This is bullshit, I'm outside my house having a smoke and the next thing I know a goddamn police dog is rushing at me and clamps down on my arm.  Now I have to get stitches and a tetanus shot.

To top it if off I'll probably have to miss a few days of work because of this, which the city better pay me for.  I understand that the Police are doing their job, but it would have been nice for a little bit of warning before he sent the dog after me on my own property.

What a great way to end the day eh?  

TehBorken

Rent a Cop wrote:
This is bullshit, I'm outside my house having a smoke and the next thing I know a goddamn police dog is rushing at me and clamps down on my arm.  Now I have to get stitches and a tetanus shot.

Sounds like Lawsuit Time to me- an police dog causing an innocent person injuries that required serious medical attention. I'd think that most lawyers would be only to happy to take this case and sue for a truckload of money.  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gopher

Yeah, that's right - make money out of it. Good luck!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

The dog came after you for no reason?  You weren't in a middle of a drug dealing or something?  I feel like there are some missing information that we are not aware of.

Well, if it is the case of an INNOCENT attack, by all means, get back at them.  That was definitely wrong.

Sportsdude

I was illegally searched by the cops once. They thought I was carrying drugs and trying to steal radios out of the lexus dealership at 2 in the morning. I asked them if they wanted a paper since my car was completely full of USA today's, wall streets and ny times. Then he asked if was storing pot under all those papers. I about lost it after that. The weird thing was about 10 cop cars backed him up. Also got patted down once and pulled over for going onto the wrong street at night. Even the sheriff showed up. Apparently a drug deal went down the night before and they thought I was a drug dealer.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Rent a Cop

First off I want to say greetings, I'm an exile from DV and seem to have been permanently banished from there so this is gonna be my new home.

I found out later that what had happened was a car jacked car was dumped behind my house and the guys had fled through my yard.  About 30 minutes after that happened I went out to have a smoke under my porch oblivious to that fact.

It was a completely unprovoked attack, I didn't even have the chance to run before the dog me.

You it's worth it to sue? ie would I get enough money for the time I'd invest in the process?

Any ways, I'm off to go get stitches now.

TehBorken

Rent a Cop wrote:
First off I want to say greetings, I'm an exile from DV and seem to have been permanently banished from there so this is gonna be my new home.

Welcome.

You it's worth it to sue? ie would I get enough money for the time I'd invest in the process?

I'd ask an attorney, but I would certainly think so. On your own property, minding your own business, not breaking any laws...yeah, I'd bet an attorney would take this on contingent and run with it.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.