Worst lie you ever told?

Started by Lise, Jul 06 06 09:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

What's the worst lie you ever told someone?

When I was about 12 years old, I 'took' (ok, stole) money from the kitchen pot... money that our housekeeper was supposed to use for groceries and so forth. I knew it was wrong but I took the money anyway.

My mom had asked if I ever took the money and I had lied to her face. She then confronted our housekeeper, who of course, denied everything. She was almost fired. My mother has never trusted her completely. I stopped taking the money afterwards.

Up to this day, I have never told my mother the truth. Don't think I ever will.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Strange how memories of our past indiscretions never seem to go away - no doubt it's the price we have to pay for making them.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Ah, I'll plead the 5th.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

Sportsdude wrote:
Ah, I'll plead the 5th.

Me too, mainly because the Statute Of Limitations isn't up yet. Ask me again in a couple of years.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

Okay I'll un plead.

oh boy, um um um wait

Lie or something stupid I haven't told my parents yet.

I'll start with stupid/lucky.

Was with a bunch of friends I was driving as usual. There was this flooded road that is always flooded down here that I wanted to cross for the heck of it.  The car was full (seats 5 and 5 people were in it). I was going to go across the lake/road at 1mph like your suppose to do but then all of a sudden one of my friends in the back seat said FLOOR IT!! So stupid me goes 40mph into basically a lake and well you can guess what happend. Car died. Eventually got it to work again but I had to run it hard as one guy said who fixed it or it would die. So I drove about as hard as the thing could go (110mph, 177kph) for about 25 miles down the highway. Problem solved, sort of.

Later that night my friend re ended me coming out of a local taco bell. Karma.

The biggest lie I've told that I can remember happend the night I got in trouble with the cops. The officer found a tire remover thing (whatever you call those things and asked if I was taking off tire wheels) I said no. (WRONG). Got away with anyway. I tried to do it to a friend of mine as a joke. (the entire night was sort of a prank joke, although I got lucky, again, because I'm a good boy and fixed what I did the day later so the people who I 'offended' got my thing reduced from spray paint to shaving cream 'aka' senior prank)

Oh well if I had told him why I had that I probly would have had attempted car jacking. Instead I said I needed it for my car (which was true, although I didn't know my car already came with one).

is that good enough?

Some Chick

There's a difference between the biggest lie and the worst lie.  My worst lie was in grade three and it still haunts me because of the utter pack mentality I joined in my class.

My teacher had loved showing us his slide show of Fiji.  One day the slides went missing.  One person said that he saw a girl in our class, that no one liked, throwing them at the back of a bus.  For some reason another kid joined in, and another and another and pretty soon I was also saying it was true.

I was the teacher's pet at that time.  Imagine his disappointment in all of us, and me especially, come spring when he found the missing box of slides peeking out of the melting snow in his driveway.

From that day on, I championed every underdog that ever came my way, and do to this day.  I wish I could find Bev all these years later and tell her how truly sorry I am that we were so hateful and stupid that we hurt her so badly.

It reminds me of that sci fi story, All Spring in A Day.    

CK

I once told a nice girl I would call her back.

Sportsdude

Oh yes I remember back in 5th grade I took this computer game from my class because I never got to play it while other kids hogged it up. I took was a goodie goodie, nobody suspected me and I knew this. Played that pinball arcade game the entire weekend and then snuck it back in the class room a week later. I of course wasn't targeted by the teacher for stealing it. The class nerd was, who I believe had asburgers (he was in my boy scout troop, yep I was a boy scout) he was so smart he was stupid. Literally. I think he had other problems he was kinda weird last I heard of him he moved to Iowa. Anyway the teacher made the entire class loose access to the computer the rest of the year (about 3 weeks left) and I quietly put the game back where it was suppose to be and the kid who was accused went crazy. Made a huge fit and started crying. Oh well I guess I got payback considering the next 8 years was like hell for me.