Pop-ups????

Started by TehBorken, Jul 06 06 06:46

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Are or were any of you seeing pop-ups here?

For the record, I do not run pop-ups on this site but this morning I noticed they'd been activated in the banner software. It's possible I managed to do it with some fat-fingered fumbling, but I'm suspicious. They're turned off now, but has anyone been seeing them?

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

weird al

For the last couple of weeks I've been getting this message from ZoneAlarm: "Your computer was prevented from accessing budsinc.com.", within about half a minute of arriving on this site.

TehBorken

weird al wrote:
For the last couple of weeks I've been getting this message from ZoneAlarm: "Your computer was prevented from accessing budsinc.com.", within about half a minute of arriving on this site.

Please let me know if you continue to see this message, or anything like it. "Budsinc.com" is not one of my advertisers, although they may be getting served through a 3rd-party campaign and if that's the case I want to track them down and eliminate them. They have a terrible reputation in the industry as far as I can tell from a quick googling- lots of pop-ups and Active-X crap.

weird al

Today's the first time that it hasn't made an appearance. 'twas happening for about 2 or 3 weeks I guess.  

Some Chick

I have a pretty good blocker so I rarely notice if something does try to pop up on me, but sometimes I do get a little icon telling me one has been blocked.  I haven't had that here.

TehBorken

For the record, I do not allow pop-up ads of any kind on this site.  If you see any pop-ups or get any indications of pop-ups being blocked, please let me know. That also includes pop-unders, interstitial ads, and expandable ads. I simply won't allow them here.

purelife

I've never had any pop-ups .

Gopher

I had one a couple of days ago
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kingy

when you first started this site, i remember you had a banner with emoticons and one of them would say 'hello' or something like that, really loud, it freaked me right out cuz i always had my volume right up.

i quickly learned the mute button on my keyboard before coming to this site.

Future Canadian

I just got a popup from washingtonpost.com. They have been coming around my computer a lot lately.
And what's with reputable sounding web addresses sending vile popups?
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Lise

Last night. My blocker stopped the ads from popping-up. I thought you had installed pop-ups for the site. T'was a tad annoying but nothing to ho-hum about.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.