Botox for the boys

Started by Lise, Dec 30 06 05:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Well, not just for women but increasing number of men are going for Botox. Of course, not all will admit it.

[FONT color=#ff0000 size=6]Botox for the boys[/FONT]

AN increasing number of buff-bodied blokes are turning to Botox to keep their faces as taut and terrific as their torsos.

As many as a quarter of all Botox customers at Sydney's cosmetic surgery clinics are now men seeking to get rid of fine lines, cease sweating and even stop blushing.

Ksenya Morozova, from the Cosmetic Medical Centre in Surry Hills, said the number of male patients was increasing all the time.

Dr Steven Liew, a spokesman for the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, said Botox was popular with men who were highly body-conscious, with some of his patients as young as 21.

"We're seeing a lot more men looking for non-surgical procedures, like Botox, and they are men who look after themselves - they go to the gym regularly, they eat well and they groom themselves well,'' he said.

Dr Liew, who runs the Shape Clinic and MediSpa in Darlinghurst, says some men are looking for more than just wrinkle-reduction.

"A lot of men want to reduce sweating on the forehead, because it doesn't look good,'' he said.

"Rather than paralysing the muscles, we inject into the skin to stop the signals from the nerves getting to the sweat glands.''

Dr Deborah Davis, from the Heber Davis Skin Clinic, said her clients tended to be professionals, rather than gym junkies.

"We get a lot of businessmen who need to look young, and ageing men who want to appear younger,'' she said.

Stephen McDonald, 39, of Pyrmont, has had Botox injections in his forehead.

"It doesn't really hurt - it's just like getting a needle - and there is a noticeable difference afterwards when you look in the mirror, so I think it's worth it,'' he said.

[A href="http://www.news.com.au/sundaytelegraph/story/0,,20969649-5006007,00.html"]http://www.news.com.au/sundaytelegraph/story/0,,20969649-5006007,00.html[/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

to each his/ her own...

I am who I am.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Why shouldn't men firm up their assets?  Some might need more Botox than others, depending on where they want their skin to be firmer.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

I think that men are secretly jeolous of David Beckham.  Admit it guys.