macademe morality sweeps over DV!

Started by Moolah!, Jun 11 06 09:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Moolah!

Lise wrote:
 She said she quit. "Real life" calls according to her and now I find that she's back.... presumably under a different handler name. I am confused about the real academe now.

That was the original plan: to confuse you. She knows that you're in contact with other DVers, so if she said to one person that she was back then everyone else would know about it... (presumably, through you)

So what she did with you was kind of like a botched PR attempt: to plant seeds of doubt, to keep people wondering: Is she a mod or not...

But it didn't work out - not for long anyway.

> You can always contact Mike.

By the time Mike looked at anything, the thread would be long gone.

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Moolah!

purelife wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]I could write like you if I wanted to Raging Poodle!    [/SPAN]
[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]

[/SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][/SPAN] [DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"]                                                                        

[DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"]

[DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"]Ha ha! Nice try.

[DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"]But that toolbar is not perfectly aligned now - tsk, tsk...

nonnie

> You can always contact Mike.

yeah that's always worked so well in the past. :)  writing him is inneffective at best from what i hear.

i believe DV's formula is to keep the forum in a perpetual state of controlled chaos so as to maximize hits and revenue.

Moolah!

If enough people bitched about it he might do something.  [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_shy.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]  

Orik

Purelife . please email me . you should still have my email from the former dv party. get togeather. i need to hear from the other side of things.

i have heard all sorts of things . just what in the hell is going on these days . i miss so much shit cause of work .  

Just droppped in from DV

Raging Poodle! wrote:
 I forgot to add the funny part - the part that shows what a noob she is:

> Now as for you WHATAJOKE, your IP is new, but the first four digits point you to someone named Raging Poodle!  I could be wrong.

Not only was she dead wrong, but she also proved that she's totally clueless when it comes to reading and interpreting IP numbers.

I'm no expert myself, but at the most basic level - IP numbers are read and displayed in segments of 3, not 4.

So looking at the first 1 or 2 segments of anyone's IP would only tell her something about a person's general domain, and nothing else.

So what she's saying is no different than walking up to someone walking down the the street downtown and telling them:

"You look like you're walking in downtown Vancouver."  

Duh. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_shy.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

This is the clincher. It smacks of academe's habit of pretending to speak conclusively about things she doesn't know anything about and her tendency not to read a question or post properly and instead just to give her preferred, though irrelevant view.

purelife

[DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"]Ha ha! Nice try.

[DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: left"]But that toolbar is not perfectly aligned now - tsk, tsk...

There's no pleasing you, huh?  

[FONT color=#a040ff]Orik, you can always register here so that you can PM me.  I prefer it that way but I did manage to email you.[/FONT]

tenkani

You know, I said I was going to leave her alone because it was my understanding that the twat had been sacked. Now she's back apparently. I can't imagine that DV is so hard-up for mods that they are keeping this rabid fascist on the crew. I think it's more a case, again, of Mike's complete disregard for the state of DV and what his representatives on it do in the name of his organization.

So who's more to blame, Academe, who's only following her rather warped, prudish and obsessive nature, or Mike, who was stupid enough to sign her up?

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Gunta

Speak on it, Swot4, speak on it.

Moolah!

tenkani wrote:
So who's more to blame, Academe, who's only following her rather warped, prudish and obsessive nature, or Mike, who was stupid enough to sign her up?

Funny thing is everyone can see her presence on board, simply because of the way the place is being moderated, yet mods and admins are vehemently denying that she's one of the mods.

As for Mike, I think he's just looking for an easy way out. I don't think that he gives a rat's arse about the board, unless it starts causing him more headaches than it's worth. Then he makes a usual brief appearance... which really doesn't lead to any changes anyway.

I have 0, absolute zero, faith left in DV. They're inconsistent and unreliable. I don't respect them. I don't trust them.

Posting anything worthwhile on DV is the biggest waste of time and energy. Simply because all your efforts could be wasted by some psycho mod who has no respect for the thought you've put into creating that thread.

peewee

randomcondom

damn name works here good night Raging Poodle!

tenkani

Aha, I was just passing through DV...ok, honestly I was looking for the kind of pointless babble I've come to expect late night at DV, anyway I just found something interesting.

X has acknowledged that Academe was a mod, but stated that he had been told she stopped modding recently. So there you go. It's no longer idle speculation. And by extension, Academe lied when she flatly denied being a mod (repeatedly). You know, if it was me I would just try to avoid answering, because once you've comitted to an untruth, when the real deal comes out you end up looking like a sleazy manipulator.

But maybe I'm being too harsh...

EDIT: I just read the posts again and I was off a bit. X said that he had been [span style="text-decoration: underline;"]told Academe was a mod by someone he knows. He didn't say that he knew for a fact she's a mod, so I apologize for the misquote. It's late??    [/span][img style="font-weight: bold;" src="http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/icon_smile_blush.gif"]

In any case, based on her own comments, the type of threads that have been deleted so far and the testimony of her friend Orik, she's a mod. There is more evidence that she's a mod but unfortunately, I'm not at liberty to disclose it at this time.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Gopher

...and then again, maybe not.
A fool's paradise is better than none.