Pink Shirt for men - gay?

Started by Lise, May 18 06 05:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

You guys rock!! Thanks for the comments.  I'm still going to buy a pink shirt for him and put a gift receipt in there... JUST IN CASE.

I supposed seeing a guy wearing pink will make me think the other way. Then again, this is the age for metrosexuals out there.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Advice for the day: invest in manufacturers of pink shirts.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

Schadenfreude wrote:
 Is it gay for a man to wear: [UL] [LI]a pink shirt  [LI]a thong  [LI]panty hose  [LI]bra  [LI]dress  [LI]false eye lashes  [LI]high heels  [LI]lipstick / mascara[/LI][/UL] ..........

Not at all

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Dissident

Hey, I'll throw in my two cents, even though this topic appeared on DV recently and I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the posters here may have been involved in that discussion.

Before I was married I dated a French guy who had a couple of powder-pink shirts and pullovers--and he looked positively hot in them.  He had a good eye for colour and what suited him, and it so happened that pink was one of those colours.  It pains me that so many heterosexual men from North America and the British Isles have such a phobia around that colour.  I think it's positively silly.

Oh, and I never "dressed" him.  First, I hate to shop.  Second, this guy obviously needed no help.  In fact, he gave me some good European-style fashion tips over the course of our relationship.  If that made him gay, then all I can say is that he was one gay man who had a huge appetite for at least one curvy woman with a penchant for wearing skirts.

I'm a woman who looks good in both pink and blue.  When I wear a powder-blue shirt, does that mean I'm a lesbian, just because blue is a colour for baby boys?

People should go for what looks good on them, no matter what the "fashionistas" and the insecure homophobes maintain.  

fenec rawks!

Lise

Darn right, Ms. D. Too bad we can't change how everyone looks at the world.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Trollio

1. Someone, somewhere seems to think that all men like brown, navy, and beige clothing that is cut wide like a grain sack. Finding solid black clothing is often difficult for men.

2. Even the androgynous things made for women (e.g. gender neutral shoes, shirts, trousers, jackets) have much more interesting options in terms of design and colour. It's OK for men to like colours and fitted designs, and interesting collars, buttons, lapels, etc.

3. Trollina has tried repeatedly to get me to wear a pink shirt. It is not for me, but men can get away with it these days if it is part of a different colour suit.

4. Wearing a pink [span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]suit[/span] is gay; wearing a pink shirt just makes you look like a piece of seafood.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

TehBorken

Dissident wrote:
I'm a woman who looks good in both pink and blue.  When I wear a powder-blue shirt, does that mean I'm a lesbian, just because blue is a colour for baby boys?

Well, for a proper evaluation we'll need pictures of you with and without the shirt.  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

I'm all for seeing Dissident in her PINK SUIT.

4. Wearing a pink [SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-STYLE: italic"]suit[/SPAN] is gay; wearing a pink shirt just makes you look like a piece of seafood.

lol. Never thought about that before. Then again, thinking about a man looking like a piece of food is enticing to a pregnant woman.

Meep. I'm so hungry now..............................
Bill Cosby.

Trollio

Lise wrote:

Then again, thinking about a [font style="font-style: italic;" size="4"]man[/font] looking like a [font style="font-style: italic;" size="4"](pink) piece of food[/font] is [font style="font-style: italic;" size="4"]enticing[/font] to a [span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]pregnant woman[/span].

This opens up a dangerously erotic path to the conversation that might better be addressed on DV.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Lise

Hmmmm...... Trollio, are you offering yourself? Wow. I just might take you up on that offer.....

.... alas, nothing like Mike to dampen one's horny needs. I just will NOT go into DV.

We need hornier ppl here on DS. I'm trying my darnest here, damnit!!!
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

If there ever was a gay golfer it would be Jesper Parnivek but he's swedish so he gets a pass.

He's married to Mia Parnivek:

[img height=287 src="http://content-golf.live.advance.net/images/gd200209/miaparnevik.jpg" width=170]

Who happend to have a nanny named Elin

Who ended up marrying a guy named Tiger:

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|