Ryan Air Sucks

Started by TehBorken, May 05 06 09:38

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

And not in a good way, either. Sounds like the judge wasn't amused by their cheatin' lame-ass "defense".  
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][h3]Judge tells RyanAir to cut the crap         [/h3] RyanAir -- the discount Irish airline -- lost a reporter's prescription shades, and refused to compensate him for them, citing abusive fine-print clauses on their tickets and other legal mumbo-jumbo. The reporter took them to a UK small claims court and they fought it (spending far more than they would have had to to settle his £100 claim) and then, when the judge ruled against them, argued that they needed extra time to raise the £100! (Ryanair's present valuation is £4.2 billion).
[br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"](So, their company is worth over 4 BILLION dollars, yet they need more time to come up with £100!??  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....and still lawyers [/span][span style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]wonder why people hate them so much.[/span] [span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]-tb)[/span]

From the link:
 [blockquote]I reported the loss the next morning, via expensive phone calls (Ryanair's number is a premium-rate line) and then faxes. Ryanair refused to consider my claim, aiming a double-barrelled shotgun at me. Bang: I had not filled in a Property Irregularity Report at Stansted, detailing my loss. Bang: I should not have packed "valuable" spectacles in my checked baggage... The judge did, however, quite like my rhetorical rejection of Ryanair's valuables argument. Where, I wanted to know, did the lawyers pack their no-doubt valuable suits, if not in checked-in luggage? The judge upped the ante. What about the value of an Armani suit packed in a suitcase? In any case, said the spectacle-wearing Solomon, loads of people pack a pair of spare specs in their checked-in luggage as a matter of course. What's more, there was no mention of spectacles among the "valuable" items excluded from compensation in the Ryanair bumf. [/p][/blockquote]  [a href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-2155143,00.html"]Link[/a]  

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

em2

TehBorken wrote:
And not in a good way, either. Sounds like the judge wasn't amused by their cheatin' lame-ass "defense".  
 [HR style="WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 2px"]  [H3]Judge tells RyanAir to cut the crap         [/H3]RyanAir -- the discount Irish airline -- lost a reporter's prescription shades, and refused to compensate him for them, citing abusive fine-print clauses on their tickets and other legal mumbo-jumbo. The reporter took them to a UK small claims court and they fought it (spending far more than they would have had to to settle his £100 claim) [SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]and then, when the judge ruled against them, argued that they needed extra time to raise the £100! (Ryanair's present valuation is £4.2 billion).[/SPAN]
[BR style="COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"][SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"](So, their company is worth over 4 BILLION dollars, yet they need more time to come up with £100!??  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....and still lawyers [/SPAN][SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(0,0,255); FONT-STYLE: italic"]wonder why people hate them so much.[/SPAN] [SPAN style="COLOR: rgb(0,0,255)"]-tb)[/SPAN]

From the link:
 [BLOCKQUOTE]I reported the loss the next morning, via expensive phone calls (Ryanair's number is a premium-rate line) and then faxes. Ryanair refused to consider my claim, aiming a double-barrelled shotgun at me. Bang: I had not filled in a Property Irregularity Report at Stansted, detailing my loss. Bang: I should not have packed "valuable" spectacles in my checked baggage...  [SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]The judge did, however, quite like my rhetorical rejection of Ryanair's valuables argument. Where, I wanted to know, did the lawyers pack their no-doubt valuable suits, if not in checked-in luggage?[/SPAN] The judge upped the ante. What about the value of an Armani suit packed in a suitcase? In any case, said the spectacle-wearing Solomon, loads of people pack a pair of spare specs in their checked-in luggage as a matter of course. What's more, there was no mention of spectacles among the "valuable" items excluded from compensation in the Ryanair bumf.

[/BLOCKQUOTE]  [A href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,176-2155143,00.html"]Link[/A]  

.......................................arse