Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Ah, creatures of your own rank - but I think you've missed a message I sent a while ago (on this page).Well, it would have been on this page if it hadn't suddenly decided to turn onto a new one!  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Gopher wrote:
 That's ok.k I had to rush off early too, I had to keep an appointment with some people - when I got there they'd forgotten all about my visit, however I was adequately placated by two large glasses of red wine and a sausage sandwich.[/DIV]
 I see it now.  You have very nice friends!  But how could they forget that a man of your stature was going to grace their domicile?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

I've certainly no idea, however they've asked me to house-sit  for them  (i.e. be company for Katie, their cat) in the first week of September  

kitten

So they live locally?  Or is that part of your vacation time?  Anyway you will be well entertained by Katie, I'm sure.  It might be a good idea to bring a clothing brush.  Either that, or prepare to wear a lot of the cat back to your place.

Gopher

Yes, they live locally. I'll be doing the sitting a few days after I get back. Not to concerned about the hairs as most of the times she spends outstretched on top of the fish tank - enjoying the warmth, and  very occasionally bestirring herself to reach out her paw over the glass front in order to 'tickle' the occupants.

kitten

How nice for the cat.  She has her own entertainment centre.  

I don't know what happened yesterday, but  suddenly I couldn't read or answer any topics.  It wouldn't switch over.  I switched off and then back on, but still had the same problem, so I shut it down.  Seems to be working okay today.

Gopher

Yes, the same thing happened to me - however, as you say, it all seems to be working smoothly again now. How are you today? And how's your eye?

kitten

Good!  Now I know it wasn't my computer at fault.

My eye is fine now.  I'll be so glad when I can see out of both eyes.  Not much longer now.  And how fare you, my friend?

Gopher

Not doing too badly at all, thanks. I went down a bit on Sunday morning but seem to have come round again. Don't know what it was, just a little intermission in the normal course of things. Glad to hear your eye is o.k. When do you have the other one done?  

kitten

The transformation takes place on Sept. 6th.  Right now I'm fuzzy-sighted in the right eye if I wear my glasses, but very blurry in my left eye if I don't.  It will be good to have balanced vision again.

Gopher

I take it you mean either fuzzy in both or blurred in both!

kitten

That's one option.  The other would be the sheer joy of throwing away my bifocals.  Actually  I don't intend to throw them away.  I plan to donate them to World Vision.

Gopher

A good idea - I applaud your social conscience!

Gradually winding down to going away, after today I only have to work on Sunday and then I'm off, (in the meantime there'll be a lot of panic with packing, and no doubt lots of spending too - because, as we all know, when you go away you never take into consideration that you'll be able to buy everything you want at the other end).

Having a good day so far, enough (but not too much) to do and one or two congenial people popping in and out.

And your day?....

kitten

And the excitement grows as the week winds down!!  Keep in mind that you are alway supposed to pack half as much clothing and twice as much money when you travel.

My day has been very uninspiring.  Work....come home.  Later on, repeat.  At least I've caught up on all the work that wasn't done while I was off, and the lady's place looks decent again.

Gopher

Yes, that's right - half as much clothing and twice as much money.  That means one shoe etc. and two cents  

|