Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

hey kit.
Well I'm finished reading for the night. I've read 50 pages. lol
now its on to back story stuff, looking up things mentioned in the book so far.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

When I pick up a book, I don't put it down before it's finished unless I absolutely have to.  It drives me crazy to leave in the middle of what I'm reading.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

I know same here. I get really crazy when the new harry potter books come out. (last one is this summer means the end of my childhood )

I'd get the books on the first day they'd come out at this books a million in Sarasota (I'd always be down at grandma's) and I'd sit down and read for 24 to 48hrs at a time. Grandma thinks working is better then reading she'd always shake her head and laugh. (she never was a reader she's a worker).

Right now I'm reading this BC history site P.C. gave me a link too. I'm already up to BC joining the Dominion.

kitten

It occurs to me that I said somewhere that I downloaded a lot of screensavers.  I have just one screensaver that is an animated picture of an ocean, with seagulls calling in the distance.  What I meant was a parade of wallpapers that changes every 15 minutes.  

kitten

I'm glad you got a link to the B.C. history.  It can be very interesting reading.  For a full picture of Canadian history you should read about one province at a time, going west to east or vice versa.  I read east to west, because it parallels the development of the nation, heading back to Nfld. for the last province.

Sportsdude

The only real province I know anything about is Quebec and bits and pieces of Ontario. Basically because of American History with the French and Indian War and the War of 1812. Then there was a paragraph about slaves taking the underground railroad into Canada then the history stops. lol
I'm pretty good from the dawn of the CBC ownward thanks to CBC.ca archives. :)
before the first world war it gets a bit sketchy for me.

kitten

The earliest settlers arrived in the Maritime provinces.  That is why it's a good place to start.

kitten

Sorry, SD, but I'm calling it quits for tonight.  See you on board tomorrow.

Sportsdude

okay have a good night. I'll continue reading and gaining knowledge.
yup Canada was drawn up in Charolettetown PEI birth place of the Confederation all because of the war of 1812 more or less. Upper and Lower Canada fought over where to put the capital. So they decided on putting it somewhere in the middle of York (Toronto) and Montreal. I think I read somewhere that Kingston was orginially going to be the capital but the founders were worried of another invasion by the yanks since it was a border town. So they decided on Ottawa.

P.C.

Good night Miss Kitten (I just sent you an email)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Woot took Ozzie for a walk. lol he was so tired he couldn't jump in my hatch back. Oh he's a big baby and he knows it.  

kitten

That's good.  He needs the exercise to stay healthy.  Actually he needs to be with someone or he will get bored and sleep most of the time.  Dogs DO get bored, you know, just like people.

Sportsdude

Yup. I'm determined to take him to the park every other day now. There's a little tiny park down the street. Then there's this huge nature reserve/county park a mile away (he likes Queeny Park, that's what its called). But those park trails go for miles and Ozzie gets too tired half way through those in the hilly parts (especially with this weather).
Anyway it looks like he had a blast.

kitten

Here's a few strange laws for your entertainment.

An ordinance in Belvedere, California, states "No dog shall be in a public place without its master on a leash."

Another misworded ordinance is this one from Arvada, Colorado: "If a stray pet is not claimed within 24 hours, the owner will be destroyed."

Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited by statute in Barber, North Carolina.

In Sterling, Colorado, it is unlawful to allow a pet cat to run loose without a taillight.

In Ventura County, California, cats and dogs are not allowed to have sex without a permit.

Sportsdude

lol.

Well I just finished watching The Queen and I'm convinced that the British Monarchy will not survive my lifetime.

|