Censorship alive and well : Orwell's 1984

Started by Jolly Green Giant, Apr 19 06 09:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

I have multiple personality disorder over on DV.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

LOL
Yeah, I think I've spotted one    
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

a couple of them came out of the woods last night on DV.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Jolly Green Giant

Chicklet wrote:
I stole your wisdom and am using it as my tag line. Thank you very much tenkani. It rings so very true.

I think I also stole someones picture but I don't have one of my own and it's the only one I like.

TA DA!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not totally true. You won't find them in Mensa.

Jolly Green Giant

TehBorken wrote: Jolly Green Giant wrote:I understand from another post you are the Admin.I\'m the admin here, not on DV.So why is it according to you ?I\'m not sure I understand the question. (??)-------------------------------------------------------------------------I didn\'t say DV.And I was not asking this about your being the admin (LOL) but about my having been banned.

TehBorken

Jolly Green Giant wrote:
I didn't say DV.And I was not asking this about your being the admin (LOL) but about my having been banned.

I have no idea why you were banned from DV, or if it was even intentional.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Jolly Green Giant

Lise wrote:Folks, no IP Addresses have been put up for banning lately. The only ones I've submitted have been spammers. If you still want to return to DV, pls send me a message via DS and tell me your handler name. I'll look into it and get your IP Addresses ban.Apologies to those who may have been accidentally banned.-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is several weeks back, it's not really lately ; and I am not aware of having spammed. Message via DS ? Do you mean a private message ? I am not registered, probably it doesn't work.

Furthermore, I wonder how people could be accidentally banned ?

TehBorken

Jolly Green Giant wrote:
Furthermore, I wonder how people could be accidentally banned ?

If a range of IP addesses was banned and your IP happened to fall within that range the effect would be the same as if you had been deliberately banned.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Jolly Green Giant

TehBorken wrote:
 Jolly Green Giant wrote:Furthermore, I wonder how people could be accidentally banned ?

If a range of IP addesses was banned and your IP happened to fall within that range the effect would be the same as if you had been deliberately banned.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's obvious. I should have understood that.
But I thought of something (this is more for Lise, I suppose).
Most of the time I use the Tor network (http://tor.eff.org) for surfing. The Tor network consists of a large number of computer which relay the IP packets. I can't post either when using the Tor network, so it the IP numbers of the Tor network must have been banned as well for good measure, I suppose !

|