Censorship alive and well : Orwell's 1984

Started by Jolly Green Giant, Apr 19 06 09:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicklet

I stole your wisdom and am using it as my tag line. Thank you very much tenkani.  It rings so very true.

I think I also stole someones picture but I don't have one of my own and it's the only one I like.

TA DA!
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

tenkani

LOL.

Tenkani isn't going back to DV until they upgrade that shitty software.

His friend might poke his head in every now and again though    
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

You beat me to stealing his quote, Ms. Chicklet.

Aaaaaaaaahhhh..... ok, ok... maybe the Gods that be will upgrade the software. We have a 'i like kittens' filtration system going. Why? Don't ask.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Chicklet

It's just not fun over there anymore.  I pop in once and a while and am mostly disgusted by what I see.  It's really too bad.  It started out as such fun only a year ago (for me any way).
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Chicklet

I heard a rumor that if I posted 50 times I wouldn't be a newbie anymore.

Chicklet

Chicklet

tenkani

There is an ebb and flow to the tide of poop over at DV.

Right now, actually, it's not terribly bad. The racist posts, which were one of my major peeves, have dried up a bit.

On the other hand, for some reason trolls like EED have achieved a certain cult-hero status even though they handle-jack, post gore pics and threaten other users. I guess bad boys will always have a certain appeal      

tenkani

Lise

YAH to Chicklet. Welcome Jr. Member.

It's getting better. Still depends on the time of the day. The night ones are still a pain. EED is not so bad, at least he's got his favorite STFU line going for him and nothing new. At least he's keeping DV from becoming too boring.

We still need tenkani's tender loving touch though.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Chicklet

*Mmmmm, tenkani's tender loving touch*

What? Oh.  Yeah, DV is bad.

tenkani

Ha. I miss a lot of things about the old days.

Panhof and TUX for one.

Sure, they were sexual deviants.

But some of their posts were mind-blowing.

Oooh, and Zolph.

Another deviant, with a wicked sense of humor.

Lise

Panof... I thought he was still around. No more underwear talks surfacing? Comes up now and then on DV.

I thought TUX lurks here nowadays.

And yes, I miss Zolphie. Tried emailing him but no response from him. I miss the good old days.
Bill Cosby.

Chicklet

I wonder whatever happend to Zolph.  He was so involved there for a while and then he just disapeared.  I wonder about a lot of the old gang.Like, how are Westcoasters wedding plans coming along and how the heck is Isis?  Braveheart, Kevlar and Stoner have all but faded from my memory.  I want them back damn it. :\'(

tenkani

TUX was here for maybe a week and then dissapeared.

I miss him because he made me feel normal      

Zolph cracked me up.

He's one of the few people who actually took flirting "too far" on Lunch.

Did you know he had a pretty substantial crush on you, Lise?  

|