road test!

Started by vancityang3l, Jun 27 07 10:55

Previous topic - Next topic

vancityang3l

Hey everyone!

Im taking my roadtest (for my Novice liscence) and was wondering if anyone had any advice for first-time-road-test-taker?? I have heard certain cities are more strict then others, and wondering if anyone knew anything about it?? At the moment I am booked for a Monday at 915am in North Van, and Im thinking its a good booking?? Would a test in Langley be easier??

Thank you!
what hurts the most was being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away and never knowing what could have been

vancityang3l

aww NObody has ANYthing to say about ROADtests!?
what hurts the most was being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away and never knowing what could have been

P.C.

I think you caught a time when there was absolutely nobody from Vancouver and area around. (which is odd, because a good percentage of posters here ARE.)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

just relax, that's the most important thing.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Hey.

Your road test depends on your Evaluator and how nice he/she is.  So, experiences may vary.  I don't think that it would matter in regards to which city your test is held because I'm sure that your Evaluator will take you through the local neighborhood schools/parks, etc.  It's best to do the test in the city that you have been practiciing so that there are NO surprises.  So, if you have been practiciing in North Van, then the test should be in North Van.  

When I did my road test for more than 10 years ago, I practiced out of Delta/Surrey area.  My road test was in Delta.  I was lucky to have an Evaluator who was pretty lenient about parrallel parking.  He didn't ask me to do this, which was a shock.  I would've failed the test if I did, because I sucked at parrallel parking at that time.  I'm glad that I passed my test though.

I'm sure that you will do fine because I'm sure that you have received months and months of former and proper training.  Just remember all the rules and take deep breathes to relax at all times.  If you tense up and feel nervous, the Evaluator will give you more of a hard time.  But then again, it really depends on the Evaluator's "day" and personality.  

I've heard many stories from my friends who have completed the Road Tests and it was always because of the Evaluator.  Some were more unfair than others.  

Good luck, nevertheless.

Hope this helps.

Sportsdude

I had two morbid obese fat ladies in my dad's coupe. The car sank about about a foot due to the weight. Then they turned the a/c on high because it was 40C outside so I couldn't hear anything at all. Somehow I passed. But the car needed a new shocks. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Like said, depends where you practiced with your instructor as to where to take the test. North Van and the Kits area are supposed to be the easier areas.

Good luck, take it slow and be relaxed. I did mine and passed with 2 demerits.. for cornering at 25 when you are supposed to turn at 15-20 km/h.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

lol Russ.  Yes, I believe you're supposed to have all 4 wheels on the ground when you take a corner.  Unless you take your test in Mission, where in fact it isn't a requirement. (jk)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Hey good luck.

My tip is to wear EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA short skirt and low cut see-through blouse so that way, when you make a mistake, he won't be looking elsewhere.

Actually, I'm like the worst to give you advice because I failed like..... oh..... two times before I passed. And this after driving in Australia for like 5 years or so. What? Are we still driving on the left or right?

At any rate, just relax. It's only a road test. Keep your eyes peel, watch out for pedestrians and practise the road testing routes before going for your test. Rememeber to keep at 30km/hour at a school or park zone (it's a favorite of theirs to make you do that) and slow down at pedestrian crossings.

Anyways, good luck and may the force be with you.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.