So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Hi Lil Me!!!  :)  It's nice to see you around again.    

Natasha

Good idea about the golf balls Lil Me  :)

purelife wrote:
 I also don't like it when guests decide to just invite themselves into our bedroom without asking for permission.  I've had a few people who just like to invite themselves in to our bedroom, even when our door was clearly closed!!!  

Omg, what did you say to them? Common sense should tell them if the door is closed, it's closed for a reason and they should remain out.

It's also very sneaky when people wait til you're distracted so they can begin snooping. Those are the types that make me not trust them or their intentions with my home, my kid or me. I went to a gathering at a friends house once and one of the guests kept locking herself in the bathroom for long periods of time. So the host and I forced our way into the bathroom. Turns out the girl was in there cutting herself on different parts of her body. As we were leaving the girl said she couldn't wait for the next gathering (it was suppose to be at my home). I didn't have it and I haven't talked to that girl since that night. I just feel if she's so upset over the arguement with her gf then she should have stayed home or worked it out with her gf. Not go to someone elses home, lock yourself in their bathroom and cut on yourself. We were there to have fun not get caught up in her issues.

DDD

Natasha wrote:
DDD wrote:
 [FONT size=5 face="Arial Black"]I think she needs to make us all lunch one day  :)[/FONT][/DIV]
 Breakfast, lunch, dinner. I'll even fix you a snack or two.[/DIV]
 Think we would make it to breakast?
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

purelife

I can't believe that girl did that in someone else's bathroom!!!  How terrible!!  

I can't remember what I said.... It was probably something diplomatic rather than saying how I really felt....

Lunch was leftover salmon, brocolli and rice.  My mom gave me a whole sockeye salmon fresh off the docks from Richmond.  It was so yummy.  I rarely get the chance to cook a whole salmon.  

Natasha

DDD wrote:
 Think we would make it to breakast?[/DIV]
 I don't see why not  :)

Sportsdude

Magazines on the coffee table, or the magazine rack --and appear to the causal observer not to be currently in use or read-- sound like something I'd label fair game. Think about it, why else would you want to put magazines out in the first place?

If I wanted to show how elitist I was to a guest, or wanted to make a political statement against their views - usually only used to annoy extended family members or my in-laws - the most politically charged book or political magazine that I could find is going to be placed front and centre on the mahogany table. Whenever I'm visiting the extended family during a holiday break, I always find the most obscene book to drag around as silent protest to their conservatism. Silly urban, middle-class games.

I'd be more concerned with the refrigerator use of guests I don't particularly know very well, or like. But usually if you're a close friend of mine - and my friends are the same way - you get rewarded with free range privileges; especially if I cleaned and remodelled your place, lived with you at some point as a roommate, or fall into the category of 'other.' lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

See Sportsdude gets it.. Kitchen privileges are the best thing to ever be granted to a good friend.. I like to bring meats and veggies too a nice kitchen I so often leave wishing I had a good kitchen at home.. But as I said I got a thing for kitchens.. Particularly nice big roomy ones. One's with a good stool for sitting on when doing prep work.. With everything a person could ask for or need in spices and cooking utensils. A real Bonus are those that have the large chopping blocks in their Island kitchens. God's thinking about all that prep area in the middle  makes my mind drool at the thoughts of the great extended meal's =)

These are not the best pictures but they give a idea of what I consider Ideal Kitchens.. and Oh how I wish I had one like them...

[img style="width: 604px; height: 754px;" src="/forums/richedit/upload/2kb2743fd8ca.jpg" border="0"]

[img style="width: 605px; height: 723px;" src="/forums/richedit/upload/2k26e497d83c.jpg" border="0"]

I have no interest for what's in the bedroom nor any in what is behind the bathroom cabinet doors or on the persons book shelves a Door or drawer that is closed that means it is not meant to be snooped in..

But I always considered the make your self at home invite to mean Kitchen snooping is permitted.. it is the only thing I find interesting and the only thing I would want to snoop about anyways. As for anything else they can tell me or show me.. But When you got kitchens as nice as the above to snoop around in... Why would you want to go anywhere else ?  I am not so much a snoop as I am a kitchen enthusiast..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

So just because someone invites you guys over for a meal you assume that means you're "good" friends? Sometimes when someone invites you over for a meal it's because there's something about you they like and would like to get to know you better. A casual meal invite certainly doesn't entitle you "make yourself at home" status either. That luxery is reserved for those who have earned the "good friend" title and family members .. of course.

As far as the magazine thing goes, I agree. If it's out then it's fair game.

purelife

I agree about the magazines that if they're out, then anyone can read them but I just like to ask.  My guests don't have to ask me to read them but I like to ask when I'm over someone else's home, just in case they have a page marked and don't want it disturbed.

As for access to the fridge, close friends and family have access but I still ask family members if I can grab a drink out of their fridge (except when I'm at my mom's and I just raid her fridge! LOL)  When my family members are over at my place, they still ask, which I respect.  I just think it's polite.  I've been told to just "help myself" to whatever is in the fridge but I feel uncomfortable going into their fridge without asking.

I think there are still "rules" when the head of household tells you to "make yourself at home."  At home, I put my feet on the coffee table or lounge in the couch but at someone else's home, I wouldn't do that even if that person tells me to "make myself at home."

Orik

Diced Potatoes + a couple diced up hot dogs + a couple of eggs.
\
Cook potatoes till golden add hot dogs till they start to sweat and brown add scrambled eggs. stir till eggs r finished cooking then sit and eat ur simple scramble...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

purelife wrote:
 I like to ask when I'm over someone else's home, just in case they have a page marked and don't want it disturbed.

Exactly. Or sometimes it may seem like an innocent magazine but once you get inside there are naughty bits that the owner may be embarrassed for you to see. That happened to me not long ago. I asked for permission, she said yes, I looked, while looking I came across the sex toys sections and she jerked that magazine right out of my hand and said "OH you don't wanna look at that!". I could tell she was embarrassed so I said "Are you kidding? It was just getting good". She giggled and gave the mag back to me  :D

I still ask family members if I can grab a drink out of their fridge

I do too. I'm always afraid I'm going to take the last of something they have and what if they want it later on? It wont be there cause I got it  :( So I try to avoid anything I see that there's only one of even when they tell me to take it anyway.

I've been told to just "help myself" to whatever is in the fridge but I feel uncomfortable going into their fridge without asking.

I'm the same way. I'll ask them to hand me something. Sometimes they'll get it, sometimes I'm told to get it myself as they are not my maid ..lol So how much I help myself also depends on the host/hostess.

I think there are still "rules" when the head of household tells you to "make yourself at home."  

Agree.

As for lunch -  I think I had soup today.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

JJ

Hi everyone....it's been a few months

Chicken with salad  for me and the walnuts off my tree for the squirrels & stellar jays outside.

Gopher

Hi JJ, where have you been?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

|