Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

Ah yes, I ought to get round to it again again too.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Orik

[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wielding_a_Red_Sword" title="Wielding a Red Sword"]Wielding a Red Sword[/a]  book 4 in the Incarnations of Immortality series by [a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piers_Anthony" title="Piers Anthony"]Piers Anthony[/a]
[span style="text-decoration: underline;"]
[/span]

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

Gopher wrote:
 Ah yes, I ought to get round to it again again too.

What is "it" exactly?

Gopher

Sportsdude

Cafe Europa by Slavenka Drakulić and her very seductive book cover -- which I'm convinced is a sarcastic, inside joke on her part (in fact, I know it is).

It's hard to explain how funny this is, but it's brilliant.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

I saw it in the library recently, picked it up and returned it to the shelf. Seems as though I made a mistake.

Gopher

Means of Evil - Ruth Rendell

Orik

Bored so am currently listening to Diane Duane So You Want To Be A Wizard.. Read it a bout 100 times as a youth and it will pass a few hours of the clock.  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

I liked it. Although I'm not very impartial when it comes Eastern European themes.    

P.C.

I'm reading some summer fluff.

Little Alters Everywhere by Rebecca Wells  
Not half as good as The Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sitsterhood

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

Nothing like a little bit of junk food for the brain PC. I too, love a bit of  fluff once in awhile. It makes a welcome break from the in-depth novels or study books, you know the ones I mean. They are the kind that make you think or go hmm...

Lil Me

LOVE Rebecca Wells.

I'm into summer fluff books as well.  I've been burning through African American paperback romance novels from the library.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I don't think I read fluff, or at least have no idea of when to take a break from 'heavy reading'. A friend of mine, who just finished up his Masters in Engineering said, "dude, that's intense -- I've only been reading light fiction lately", when I brought up my summer reading list. What the heck is light fiction? To me light fiction is a Steinbeck novel. haha

oh dear.

Gopher

'Fluff' is good for the soul - although when I was the same age as you, SD, I didn't even contemplate the possibility of this.

The Private Patient - P.D. James

Gopher

Morality For Beautiful Girls - Alexander McCall Smith

|