Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Russ

Michel wrote:
I checked relentless, but not sure which definition to applied.
Ha! I gots you to 400 points there Michel. Sorry, small things amuse small minds

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

Russ

lol, my karma points are going up alot faster as well!

Im currently reading The BFG by Roald Dahl... yes yes its a kids book but I used to love him

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

Gopher

We sure do, almost as much as we love everyone else on this forum!

Ethan Frome - Edith Wharton

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

Daphne - Justine Picardie  

Orik

Robert ludlum the bourne ultimatum... been reading it since nov 8 th. normally a 3 day rad. now over a month just no energy to read.

also reading a little of spontaneous healing.  and accumulated web pages on jaundice hepatitis / liver failure / healing foods / high potassium low salt dieting .. and other ridiculous malarkey... most of it sounds like complete bunk.

i wouldn't mind having a juicer and trying some of the things.

sugarcane juice with lemon sounds pretty darn tasty..

fresh pineapple juice with carrots sounds good too

tomato juice and lime  sounds yucky

id probably wash that down with a cup of sugar cane and lemon

just were do i get sugar cane and how do i remove the juice
isn't it like wooden and to big for a juicer...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

van_guy

just were do i get sugar cane and how do i remove the juice
isn't it like wooden and to big for a juicer...

Orik,

I've seen sugar cane juicers in vietnam, they are a cross between a bench press and a bicycle tire - they start by using a machete to chop off the bark then they run it through this press kinda thingy that has an adjustable knob on it to increase the pressure and then they turn this crank and the juice pours out. Not sure how they do it here.   The contraption looks like a metal box with a wheel on it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Orik

thanks van_guy... now if i could only find a sugarcane juicer box and a place with a ton of cheap sugarcane... sighs.. or perhaps a place that sells sugarcane juice...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

van_guy

Orik wrote:
 thanks van_guy... now if i could only find a sugarcane juicer box and a place with a ton of cheap sugarcane... sighs.. or perhaps a place that sells sugarcane juice...

Not sure where to find any of that stuff this side of the pacific.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

purelife

John Grogan - Marley & Me.  

Sportsdude

Determined to finish the Lost Continent- Bill Bryson. Its a good humour/travel/memoir book if you want to know about the midwest/south where I grew up. The writer/humourist travel writer is too much like myself. He wrote in the book he wanted to be a European boy living in Europe at around 12 and didn't care much for corn fields and Iowa or (insert state). lol
[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Bryson"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Bryson[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

sounds like as good read sportsdude. sorry to hear of ur grammama hugs to u and ur family and blessings of the creator to you all may ur gram ma recover quickly and come home  may ur new year be a happy and blessed one

Gopher

The Infernal World of Branwell Bronte - Daphne du Maurier  

|