Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Have not yet seen any of the Nicholas Sparks movies.

Trying to read all the books- waiting for them to arrive on the holdshelf for me.

The Wedding was amazing

Next up: The Choice.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I am reading some good ol fluff.  I just wanted something that engaged me instantly and that I didn't have to think too much.     Every once in a while, it's good to catch up on missed fluff.  Mary Higgins Clark, (the fluffiest.....but great for an easy read) John Grisham (semi-fluffy), James Patterson.....etc.  Right now is MHC, I Heard that Song Before.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

No War and Peace?!
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Perhaps in my next life.

purelife

Lil Me wrote:
The Wedding was amazing

Thanks.  I'll have to read that one.  

I've been reading The Rescue by Sparks.  So far so good.  

It sounds like you're in a romance mood. :)  You definitely have to watch The Notebook.  You will absolutely love it if you love the book.    

Gopher

War and Peace really is well worth reading: what's more it's thoroughly enjoyable.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Hi Gophie [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]......I don't doubt it for a minute.  I just don't have the patience for a long read right now.  Maybe some day.  ( I think I started it years and years and years ago)

Gopher

Der Mann aus St. Petersburg - Ken Follett (just to see if I can still read a book in German without too much difficulty).

Lil Me

Awesome, Goph!
 I admire people who read in other languages as a challenge.  Me, I'm too lazy.  

I'm starting on a Beverly Lewis series.  Takes place amongst the Pennyslvania Dutch Amish.

P.C.

Are you allowed to use a Book-light when you're reading that ?

Lil Me

Gopher

P.C. wrote:
 Are you allowed to use a Book-light when you're reading that ?[/DIV]...............
 [FONT color=#0000bf]Only if it doesn't work.[/FONT]

Michel

purelife

P.C.

I'm too lazy to go back and look to see if I mentioned this book before.  But I just read it again (which is really rare for me) and I loved it all over again.  So if I did mention it before....I'm mentioning it again.

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd    

|