When we were young

Started by Gopher, Jun 03 10 07:45

Previous topic - Next topic
|

DDD

Natasha wrote:
 True but then again, designers have kids in mind when marketing their new lines which is just as wrong. When school started I noticed a lot of black clothing for kids. What happened to kids wearing nice colors? It's hard to shop for clothes if you don't want your kid to look like they're in mourning or in a rap video. [/DIV]
 Black does seem to be in right now.........as for how KIDS dress is that still not an item we do have alot of controll over.....if you say no to trash clothing then you kids do not look like 12 going on 21 - for girls and for boys they do not need shirts that are with guns or other crap like that on them........
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Natasha

DDD wrote:
 Black does seem to be in right now.........as for how KIDS dress is that still not an item we do have alot of controll over.....if you say no to trash clothing then you kids do not look like 12 going on 21 - for girls and for boys they do not need shirts that are with guns or other crap like that on them........[/DIV]
 Black should never be "in" for kids... imo. And yes we do have control over what kids wear. That's not the point. The point is when manufactorers are putting out a mass quantity of a certain style of clothing, it leaves some parents not much to choose from.

DDD

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Natasha

DDD wrote:
 True but we still can say no[/DIV]
 That's right we can and some do. So when those parents say no, what type of clothing selection do they have left? Not much. Why? Because designers are making clothing for kids that look too seductive. I've seen mothers grab clothes that only an adult should be wearing and say "oh it's so cute". My thing is, how is it cute? Just because the child doesn't have the figure to fill it out it's "cute"? How about no?! Kids need to continue to look like kids. There's plenty of time to look like an adult when they actually are an adult.

DDD

Natasha wrote:
DDD wrote:
 True but we still can say no[/DIV]
 That's right we can and some do. So when those parents say no, what type of clothing selection do they have left? Not much. Why? Because designers are making clothing for kids that look too seductive. I've seen mothers grab clothes that only an adult should be wearing and say "oh it's so cute". My thing is, how is it cute? Just because the child doesn't have the figure to fill it out it's "cute"? How about no?! Kids need to continue to look like kids. There's plenty of time to look like an adult when they actually are an adult.[/DIV]
 yuppers...........some people should not be parents

Orik

True and there are some people that should not design clothing that is sheer crap either..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

Orik wrote:
True and there are some people that should not design clothing that is sheer crap either..

Exactly!

DDD

Orik

Seems pretty obvious to me.. But I think I will leave it to Natasha to explain it to you D.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

DDD wrote:
 [FONT size=7]What ?[/FONT][/DIV]
 What Orik said, that's what  :P

Natasha

Orik wrote:
Seems pretty obvious to me..

LOL.. me too

But I think I will leave it to Natasha to explain it to you D.

I thought I already did?  

DDD

LOL

WHAT................the f*ck do you think I am going to let you where that out........ffs!

Orik

I think the spelling is Wear that out, D, I recently spent time studying the where's as in over there... to wear new clothing, to buy new wares and the we are we're. then their is the weirs which are fish traps and low dams kind of like sluice gates in ponds, it looks like it should be pronounce wears but is pronounce weirs as in tears.  

I have loads of trouble with the there, their and they're  I also have some problems with to, two and too..The English language can really be a pain and give headaches when trying to learn something new. there is also the where're theirs there's to add additional confusion to things.   sighs such as pain with English, a constant headache of confusin.

I spent years struggling with English, I spell things phonetically meaning on how they sound, this means I often make spelling mistakes. But because of the wonderful browser Firefox, I have a built in spell-checker to help me correct all the mistakes I make..

and your sort of right to refuse the child specific clothing to wear out. One problem who bought them clothing such as what they wish to wear out. For it should not be the parents buying such revealing clothing...

Natasha

DDD wrote:
 LOL

WHAT................the f*ck do you think I am going to let you where that out........ffs![/DIV]
 lol.. Oook well number one - I don't curse at or towards childrens/teens.

Number two - Not all youngsters dress themselves. For many years the parents dress their kids and choose their attire. But when designers make clothing for children that only adults should be wearing well then it doesn't leave many choices for the parent who wants a more conservative (age appropriate) look for their child. As for older kids (teens) there are easy ways to compromise with them when it comes to their wardrobe.

|

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

A 3-legged stool has how many legs?:
Seattle is in a state named what?:
Complete the sentence: "Actions speak louder than...":
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview