Worst buy of 2009

Started by Gopher, Nov 29 09 10:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

What was your's?

Mine was a new pair of glasses in August which I've taken back three times for adjustment and which I'm still not happy with.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Looking around the room...
Well... I didn't buy this, but this hoodie that I got, which was on sale, is an off colour green that I just don't have anything to go with it.

There's a couple more shirts that I wish I hadn't bought, but that's about it.

I'm not a shopper.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

A Blender from crappy tire. for mixing some ice drinks, with in 2 months it starts making a grinding noise bits of plastic all over the place .. its gears stripped themselves after a couple of months of light use (think 3 to 4 times a week) it was on sale reading the small print all sales are final... otherwise I would of returned it and demanded a refund... wothless junk...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
Looking around the room...
Well... I didn't buy this, but this hoodie that I got, which was on sale, is an off colour green that I just don't have anything to go with it.
--

You have jeans, right?
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

perfect cure for that hoodie that matches nothing you own. lots of cold people and the look out emergency shelter can use nice warm clothing blankets and other donation. some one out there could really use those clothes you all do not wear or have not worn in a long time..

429 Alexander Street, Vancouver, BC  V6A 1C6
Phone: 604-255-0340  Fax: 604-255-0790
info @ lookoutsociety dot ca
www.lookoutsociety.ca

We give away hundreds and hundreds of items to those both in the Shelter, and to those still living
 on the street. Your gift will save lives.

Wish List – Winter Donations

Extreme Weather
•  Jackets  •  Vests  •  Used blankets
•  Gloves  •  Scarves  •  Boots  
•  Rain ponchos  •  Undershirts  •  Winter hats
•  Socks    

Christmas Personal Care Items
•  Tote bags  •  Shampoo  •  Conditioner
•  Toothbrush  •  Toothpaste  •  Deodorant
•  Lip balm  •  Lotion  •  Bar soap
•  Comb  •  Hand sanitizer  •  Cosmetics
•  Shaving kit  •  Toque   •  Gloves  

Please help to make this a special Christmas by donating a complete kit (one or more), a number
of individual items, or $12 towards a kit.

Work
•  Work shirts  •  Work boots  •  Heavy duty gloves
•  Jeans   •  Coveralls    

Home Set-Up
•  Bath towels  •  Washcloths  •  Dishes

Not an exhaustive list. Other items are gratefully received.  

How to give
Call (604-255-0340) to ask about pick up of larger quantities or items.
Drop off items at 528 Powell Street, Vancouver, or at the Shelter nearest you.

Still have questions? Please call Karen Young at 604-255-0340 ext 38 (or email
kareny @ lookoutsociety dot ca).

Large quantities may be eligible for a tax receipt. Thank you so much for your kindness!

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

and for those not in the vancouver lower mainland area I am sure there are many churches or other organizations near you doing something similar and can do with some donations to there cold weather programs also.

Gopher

Good post, Orik.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Good thoughts Orik.

But I'm with Lil Me.  I didn't know there was a colour that didn't go with jeans.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.