The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

So this is how my Thanksgiving dinner turned out.

Everything has reach it's peak of perfection.....and some dear friends (who'd had their Thanksgiving dinner earlier) dropped in, just to say hey.  Everything went to the back burner, and there it sits.  Hubby just scarfed a handful of mashed potatoes and went to bed.

The up side is, dinner is cooked for tomorrow, and I'm thankful I have good friends.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

No need to hang around outside.....c'mon in.  Can I get anyone something?

purelife

Hey guys.

I don't think that I've ever participated in this thread.  It's probably because I don't know what the Ebony Lounge is all about.  Could someone give me a run down of what this Ebony Lounge thread is about?  

weird al

This is where we meet to celebrate our black ancestry.

P.C.

rofl, weird al.........Page 1 would probably sum it up, purelife.  So nice to see you drop in.  

weird al

Remember, some dude was dissing the site for whatever reason, and singled out this thread as being, kind, of, exclusive, like?

P.C.

I DO remember......but I was just trying to remember who it was and in what thread it was in.

weird al

aah, too long ago...one of these types who post in order to say the place isn't good enough for 'em. Next time I see a post like that, I absolutely refuse to even read it. There.

P.C.

Good boy !

I just had a notion that for a teeny moment that it was.....aaaaaaa....you're right.

weird al

hey, it coulda been....aahh...the hell with it! or maybe...aaaghh!

P.C.

Yipes.....maybe I'd best clarify that last comment..........

Jolly Green Giant wrote.....(in another thread)

I don't see any threads like this here on DS, with its "controlled" environment. The only threads you could really call successful, as i said earlier, are the stupid but ubiquitous "what's for lunch/dinner" thread common to so many forums without inspiration, and a [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fcfae1"]"The ebony room" thread where people who feel they have common African ancestry and who aren't really interested in anything else flock together, happy to find themselves in familiar terrain.[/FONT]
[/DIV]

weird al

Yeah that's it, now I remember...another jolly poster...

P.C.

Oy vey.....page 3.  I believe I may have my lounge license pulled.    

kitten

I thought maybe it was closed for repairs!  Good to see it back where it belongs.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

I think the owner was on a leave of absence.  

Just had some yummy Boboti for dinner. (with my own twist of course).  It was delish.

So I drafted up my fall/winter projects list today, and I think the only way I'll get it all done is if I move to Iceland.  So I decided I'm going to take your sage advice, and I trimmed it down to half.  I feel better already.

|