The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

All that's necessary is to focus on what sort of job would give you the most pleasure and pride and concentrate on learning it as well as you can.  The passion for the work sustains you even when you feel discouraged.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Yipes....teh Lounge was burried.  How are you tonight ?

Yes, it's my FRIDAY !!!!

Went to our staff 'wind-up' party last night.  I wasn't planning on attending, but hubby insisted it would be a good idea to at least make an appearance.....so I did.  We won a few prizes, and I won the 'grand prize'.  A TV !!!!

Who'd a thunk ??
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

seasons over I gather, right P.C.? What do you do in the winter?
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Hi Sportsdude !

Actually, the course is open all winter, but it's a bit of a wind-down, and  a drastic lay-off.  The days are so much shorter, that a daily shift can be done by one person.  The summer 16 hour days, become considerably shorter and manageable by just a couple of people.    

Sportsdude

oh I see. Cool. Yeah I golfed once in december when it was 35F (1 or 2C) outside. brrrr.

P.C.

Hi Kitten

Hope you are feeling better.  What a goofy way to mess up your weekend.

kitten

Yep, I'm an expert on that!  I am feeling better, thanks.  And relaxing in the evening helps a lot.  They told me before that my heart was not too bad.  Guess I showed them!

P.C.

Atta girl, Kitten.

I guess your routines will require a little adjusting to ?

My day is getting longer....well not really, but later, so it feels longer.

kitten

I love my new routine.  It still means getting up at an unreasonable hour, but being finished for the day by 2 P.M. is great.

Is it because things are slowing down that the days seem longer, or are you working longer shifts?

Sportsdude

My life stands still. Its an odd feeling. Don't recommend it but its like I'm standing still and watching everyone fly by.

kitten

When time seems to stand still you have to find something interesting to fill it.  Being an observer isn't living, it's just watching other people live, and that's not good.  Do you have any hobbies apart from the computer?  You could join a gym or a sport and get active as a participant instead of a watcher.

Sportsdude

I build this house for habitat every saturday. I go to school on monday and wednesday nights. But thats about it. Its depressing, then when I do get friends they are all older then me, lol. My generation hates me they want nothing to do with me so I've grown up so to speak but am still stuck in this 20 year old body with 20 year old problems. lol.

I work at nights. Nothing more depressing then doing the night shift throwing papers to rich people. And thinking good thoughts, then getting tired going to sleep waking up at 11am and saying oh geez what am I going to do with my life. Then the cycle repeats.

kitten

I do see your point, and repeating the same thing day after day gets your thinking into a rut.  That is why I suggested stepping out of your usual routine and trying something different.  Boredom can create depression, and you don't need that.

Sportsdude

What should I do? There's not much for a 20 year old to do out here. Can't go out out because I'm not old enough and like I said all my friends are much older then me, they've got careers, lives, and families to go back to. Me I've got a TV, basement, blanket it curl up in because its cold down here!

kitten

If it is cold, can you get one of those radiators that plug into an ordinary outlet?  They are supposed to be good.  

Are there any clubs you can join, or walking groups?  Nature tours are popular here, do they have them there?  Any historical societies?  There must be something there that would be interesting.  The worst thing you can do is nothing.  Keep looking until you find something you would enjoy, or try something

|