The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I did nothing, to the dismay of my mother.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Why did you do nothing?  I thought you were studying.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Well I had a long night the night before and didn't get up til 2pm. Did get dinner. Yeah I need to be working on school work but just didn't feel up to it today. Well do it either later tonight (having hard time sleeping) or doing it tomorrow before class in the evening.

kitten

Procrastination is the one thing that can ruin all your plans and dreams.  It's a pity, because you have a lot of intelligence and I would hate to see you waste it.

Sportsdude

Yup thats me to the T. Ever heard of an 'arm chair quarterback'? I sometimes do that every once in a while.

kitten

It's better to plan ahead and work toward your goals than to look back and wish you had followed through.  When you have so much potential, why waste time.

Sportsdude

Yeah Potential and What if thats my middle name.

If I died tomorrow my grave stone would say

Sportsdude

1986-2006

Potential

lol

kitten

Potential is worth nothing unless you act on it.  There's no point in dreaming big dreams if you won't do anything to achieve them.  It's like you're saying I'll just sit here and let my parents take care of me because it's too much effort to work on anything.  Is that really how you feel, or do you just need someone to give you a kick in the pants to get you started?  I'm perfectly willing to give you that good swift kick if that's what you need!

Sportsdude

No, my parents don't really support me anymore. I'm the college grad who just happens to live in his or her parents basement. Except I'm not a college grad. I've said to many people I'm going through that phase in my life first preparing for the world. I know how to live on my own. I pay for my school. I just live in my parents basement. I'm passed the whole kick in the pants phase. I did that to myself when I decided out of the blue to "hey lets enroll in college". Really my little journey started back from the gallows when I went by myself on my own to Seattle during Spring Break last year. Thats when I realised it was possible and I can do this.

kitten

OK then.  Now what are you actually doing to prepare for college and how hard are you studying for it?

Sportsdude

Well at this moment I'm going over my El alfabeto espanol. I've told myself I'm going to do this language right. I'm going to learn the basics because for the first time I actually want to learn a language.

Going to work on my technology all this week try to get close to finishing it so all I have to worry about is british literature and my college night class in spanish.

Then in Nov. I'm going to write the early entrance college essay to the college I've been talking about. Turn that in and apply for early financial aide.

Pass the spanish class in the first semister and then in the second semister.

Start packing by my 21st birthday in July. Leave for Seattle on my own in my car by early August and get ready for school as a freshman in college by this time next year.

I could have been going to this college this year but I wasn't ready. Now I am.

kitten

Good for you!  Keep in mind that the sooner you start any project, the sooner you finish it and have some free time on your hands.  You can relax a lot easier when you know you've done something well.  Every thing you accomplish, the prouder you are of yourself.  The self-esteem just keeps going up.

Sportsdude

P.C.

Good evening.

Wise words Kitten.  I agree with it all.  

I think the biggest problem for many, Sportsdude, is even HAVING a goal.....but you've got great dreams and ambitions and enough smarts to reach them.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Yup its just a matter of me doing the hard stuff to get there.

|