The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Hi Sportsdude !!!!!!  So how do you post YOUR pics?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:  [div style="font-style: italic;"]Is there another way to post ones own pictures without using TinyPic or PhotoBucket ?  
[/div]
Basically, the image just has to be "reachable" somewhere on the net to be posted here. All Photobucket does is provide a place on the net where you can store the images. If you look at the tool bar here you'll see this image:

This button allows you to upload your own image to this server so you can then display it. It's currently limited to images that are 300x300 and less than 50K in size. That's fine for some images but won't allow larger ones to be uploaded. If there's enough interest here I can do one of two things:

1) Increase the size limit so people can upload larger images, or

2) Setup a full-fledged image gallery so people can make their own collections of images (which can then be posted here).

The #2 option would be sort of like Photobucket without the ads or linking restrictions. I'm amenable to doing either one, so perhaps the registered users here could vote on this. I'm thinking #2 would be better in the long run, although people would probably need to login to it separately (not a big deal, more of an annoyance).

Ideas and suggestions welcome.....

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
Hi Sportsdude !!!!!!  So how do you post YOUR pics?

I may be wrong, but I think some of SD's images are hotlinked, which is technically a no-no. Some people get really pissy when you link to images on their server because they end up having to pay for the bandwidth for every linked image- even the ones not on their site.

Sportsdude

Mine that I take personally, tinypic. But Tehborken is right most of my stuff is copy and paste off of a google search.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Well, that was mostly Greek to me.....lol

I didn't like the privacy policy on either tinypic or Photobucket.  I also don't like the idea, that  if I use it, I'm not cray about the idea of my photos being out there in cyber land.  I guess there are no other options on that one.  

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:  [div style="font-style: italic;"] I didn't like the privacy policy on either tinypic or Photobucket.  I also don't like the idea, that  if I use it, I'm not cray about the idea of my photos being out there in cyber land.  I guess there are no other options on that one.[/div]
 Hmmmm, well, let me look around for a good photo gallery app and see what I can do.

Sportsdude

Yeah because DS better watch out SD is buying a new camera.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Thanks TehBorken......and if you do, explain it to me like you're talking to a 4 year old.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]

weird al

What's the privacy policy on tinypic? Got any beer?

P.C.

Awww....weird al....I always JUST miss you.  And I even stocked up on some St Ambroise.  

I've been putting in some long hours at work, and start nodding off at 8:30 or 9:00 these days.  It wasn't what I'd signed on for, but that's where it's at.

The Lounge was covered with cobwebs and a thick layer of dust, at the bottom of page 6.....this will just never do.  Summer is such a busy time.

So how are you anyway ?  I don't see you around too much of late either.  Busy ???  

weird al

Hi P.C! You mean you really stocked up on St. Ambroise? Or you mean these virtual ones here? Not exactly busy, but sometimes I get caught up in a bunch of games of scrabble (I live a wild and exciting life), and the time tends to evaporate. That's life on the edge. Have you gotten around to drinking beer yet? We've got to get you started!

P.C.

Hi weird al !  Just the virtual ones....lol.  No, I haven't gotten around to drinking beer.....can't see it happening, but I never say never.

Scrabble ????  With a board and tiles ?....or computer scrabble.  I love scrabble.  Have you played UpWords before ?  Now that's a great game.  Your mind has to work differently for that one....long words usually bring the game to a grinding halt[/DIV]

weird al

Yeah, computer scrabble. Haven't seen a board and tiles for aeons. I'm addicted to the game. Used to be, some of us would sit up all night around a board, cannabis-soaked and rum-soaked, and pushing the tiles around, sometimes making words that didn't exist and not noticing until several moves too late. Ah, we were a wild bunch!  

P.C.

I hear ya.....lol.[img height=154 src="http://www.greenkeybooks.com/imgs/shoeFit/scrabble-tiles.jpg" width=176 align=right]    

kitten

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a056.GIF" border=0]

Whatever happened to this lovely hangout?  I had to search for a while before finding it.  *add to resurrected topics*
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

|