What did you last buy?

Started by Gopher, Apr 17 09 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Mmmmm halibut !!!  

Pig steaks and curried rice and broccoli for dinner tonight....but I'll be thinking of halibut.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

chicken strips, meatballs, loaf of bread, slices smoked turkey breast and cheese . time for some sandwiches

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Russ

purelife wrote:
groceries at Costco and the farm market.

Spent about $93 on the the supplies I needed for my glucose monitor.   What an expensive diagnosis!  I had no idea there would be any costs to incur.  :(

Oh, and we ordered a convection oven from Costco online cuz the one we had had to be returned since it was busted.  I miss not being able to toast my bread and cook in it.  I don't like using the stove oven.

Hey PL.. how hard is it to order online from Costco? Does it come to your door or to the closest Costco? Do you have to pay extra or at a certain amount shipping is free?

Morning DS'ers!
Well, I have to get cracking on finishing changing my power steering box, been sitting by the truck for a few days now, lol.
Then I have to change the front rotors..
After that, I have to work on helens brothers car..
And the neighbor came over cause he managed to somehow break his garage door off the hinge and the` rails at the top of his door ?!?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Russ wrote:
Hey PL.. how hard is it to order online from Costco? Does it come to your door or to the closest Costco? Do you have to pay extra or at a certain amount shipping is free?

Heya Russ -
It's very easy to order from Costco!  You have to first create an account.  Shipping and handling is free, as far as I know, (I've purchased one item that was $35) and Costco delivers to your door via UPS (so far when I've ordered).  Costco sends you emails to inform you of the progress of your shipment and you can track it online once they give you a tracking number.  I've ordered about 6 items from Costco, one of them weighing 50lbs, and UPS has always shipped it on the day they say it will be shipped.  

Oh, and refunds are VERY easy.  Just bring it to any Costco.  And their Customer Service line is awesome.

I don't usually order online but am very comfortable doing so from Costco.

Russ

Good to know.. thanks!

Yeah, I agree Costco has a great return policy. I have never had a problem. good to know its the same with the online stuff.

purelife

For the online returns, all you have to do is print out that email that Costco sends you showing the price.  I only returned one item because it wasn't working properly.    

P.C.

Not only is their return policy good....they will also give you back the difference if an item you purchased goes on sale.  (not sure of the time frame for that...but I think it might be 6 weeks)
I bought my microwave for $119 and then it went on clearance for $79....and they gave me back the 40 bucks.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

I keep my Costco receipts for that reason.  When they have their weekly specials, I check to see if it applies to any of the items I purchased.  And when Christmas comes around, some of their items go on sale in January, so I keep an eye out for them.

Last purchases:  groceries and 50 pack blank DVD's for $10 from London Drugs!!  A good deal indeed.

Gopher

Mince, Liver, Sausages
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

avocados and tomato paste  

Russ

I couldnt find a used charcoal weber bbq and other parts on CL even though I searched adn called people for the last few weeks.. so I got mad and bought a new one so I could steal the lid and grate for my 'project'.

Can you believe, it was cheaper for me to order a new weber bbq and take only the lid and grate, than it was for me to just order a new lid and grate?

Lil Me

I KNOW Russ.  It's a crazy world out there.

Because the major cost of most consumer goods is shipping, not composite parts?
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

I don't mind paying for the shipping but the handling cost that included with the cost that I object

49er

btw I don't know if this available in canada but I religiously scan this site daily for good buys....[A href="http://slickdeals.net/"]http://slickdeals.net/[/A]

Russ

49er wrote:
btw I don't know if this available in canada but I religiously scan this site daily for good buys....[a href="http://slickdeals.net/"]http://slickdeals.net/[/a]
I use redflagdeals.ca for up here.

I agree with the both of you, 49er and LM. I detest the shipping and handling charge. Crazy to have to buy an entire unit for it to be cheaper than buying two replacement parts.

|