Can they do this?

Started by Lise, Feb 05 09 09:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Well the high places people would have to think of themselves as being the highest, because there's nobody above them. lol

Vanoc is shutting down transit to the school, barricading and closing off streets, and turning the campus into big brother with cameras located everywhere.  They don't want students around.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Well....that's a little bit different than kicking students out of their living quarters.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Yeah well I can guarantee nobody is going to be around, so if the intent is to get those pesky hipsters off campus well they win.

Although with the old senior retirement complex on campus and the million dollar condos, the rich and old people out number the students. Since that group has ultimate power around here, maybe they'll complain about noise levels during the olympics and will demand that they close early at 5pm so they can get some sleep. lol

purelife

Lise wrote:
I heard a funny thing at work today. Because of the coming Olympics, they're shutting down campus for two weeks. They are STRONGLY urging us to use our vacation for the two weeks that they're closing. They can't do that, right? I mean, force us to take our vacation during the Olympics? That would be outrageous!

I wouldn't mind if they would pay us the two weeks on top of our vacation but they won't and yet they're asking us if we could use our vacation for that. Unfair.

If I was told that I had to take vacation, I would (with or without pay).  I'd rather come back to a job than no job.  I have heard of companies telling their staff to take their vacations since there isn't much to do instead of laying them off.  I think that companies try to keep their good employees for as long as possible.

Sportsdude

They're shutting down Westbrook Mall for 4 months, so that'll put a wrench in all transit routes not taking 10th/Broadway or 4th.

lovely.

P.C.

4 months ?  It's a 2 week event.....what the ?  Surely that must be either an error or unrelated to the Olympics ???

Sportsdude

Its not an error. They're shutting it down for 4 months.  

P.C.

...and is the reason the Olympics ?

Michel

P.C.

[A href="http://www.regent-college.edu/about_regent/gettingToRegent.html"]http://www.regent-college.edu/about_regent/gettingToRegent.html[/A]

Here's a map of the area.

Michel

Sportsdude

The road goes by the new hockey arena which is a venue.

The helicopter fly overs have become more frequent I've noticed.

Michel

Sportsdude

If only they used those helicopters to land on the Bacon Brother's lawn in Port Moody and send them away.  

P.C.

They been buzzing aroung here all day as well.  Hmmm.