Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup

Started by Michel, Sep 03 08 12:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

Sportsdude

thanks for the link Michel.
hmm all the ones in my area are closed or run by an NGO, oh Nanaimo and its truly public clean ups. *sigh*

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Maybe.  We're still on holidays until next week....  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Tsk Tsk, trying to recruit innocent people into your evil cult of slavery.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

I always leave a bike trail, or camp spot cleaner than when I arrive...does that count?
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Russ

Van wrote:
 I always leave a bike trail, or camp spot cleaner than when I arrive...does that count?[/DIV]
 <bless>

I also do the same (for camping spots, whats a bike trail?).. to me its more important to constantly do small things, then it is to have a big deal over a once in a blue moon thing. But the once in a while thing NEEDS to be done.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Van

Russ wrote:
Van wrote:
 I always leave a bike trail, or camp spot cleaner than when I arrive...does that count?[/DIV]
  whats a bike trail?

I am talking North Shore style,

not a trip to Sturgis.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Russ

Van wrote:

I am talking North Shore style,

not a trip to Sturgis. [/DIV]
 LOL. I was tongue in cheek but didnt think about that.. ha!  

Van

Although I really don't find the bike trails in BC or Alberta that filled with garbage. There is always an exception. If I see something like a bunch of water bottles, paper. I learned to make sure my backpack always has a couple extra garbage bags in it.

Camping is brutal for sure though. Camped once at Norbury Lake in the Kootenays and spent a whole afternoon picking up garbage at the lake. Why? It sure looked beautiful afterwards. I am not talking about some ugly lake either, this lake is small, but with mountain peaks surrounding it.

Russ

Ok, sorry but Im not retyping the message I spent 5 minutes writing.. grr. Damn african internet disconnections.

Essentially what i said is that I 100% agree with you. I cant get over how much stuff I end up bringing out with me that isnt even mine.. when people think its neccessary to bring in the first place. Like you, many of the spots we go to isnt easy to get to either.. you would think you would try to leave it pristine or as untouched as humanly possible for the next person.

I especially like it when we see things floating in harrison lake.. like plastic boats filled with garbage bags and pushed out.