Moving ?

Started by P.C., Sep 01 08 10:46

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Interesting bit of information for those who hire a moving company to move their stuff.

Our neighbours have been shopping for a moving company, and came up with a one who is charging 60 cents a pound.  With little thought, I said...."Oh...that sounds good"

Sawdust just walked into the room with a can of corn, a package of pasta, a jar of peanut butter and a bag of cat food.  Apparently, it will cost 50 cents for the corn....$1.20 for the pasta....$2.70 for the jar of peanut butter and $5.00 for a bag of cat food.

I guess that granite top bar they have will require a second mortgage.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

JJ

Rule one when moving don't move anything that costs less then it would cost to move it, like food.  

Sportsdude

use a Chinese company? lol
Roommate got out here from Toronto on ground shipping that only cost 500 dollars. Everybody else was at 1,000-2,000 in rates.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Good point JJ.  They have been back and forth between their new home and here several times over the last couple months...and have taken loads of stuff each time.  All that remains is the furniture and day to day necessities.  (in other words....all the heavy stuff.....lol)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Crazy! What are they going to do? Weight everything by feeling them? I HATE moving companies. Bunch of rip-off crooks. None of them are remotely honest and they all take advantage of you because they know they can.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

49er

Lise wrote:
Crazy! What are they going to do? Weight everything by feeling them? I HATE moving companies. Bunch of rip-off crooks. None of them are remotely honest and they all take advantage of you because they know they can. [/DIV]
 Weigh the moving truck before loading and again after it's loaded at a weigh station

Lise

Right. Meanwhile, they're going to add hidden bricks in their vehicle and charge you for the extra time they take for going to a weighing station in the middle of nowhere.

Am I bitter about moving companies? You betcha!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Goats

Hello! I would suggest either not moving or just start over. You know you want all new stuff anyhow.

Finally ashore for a bit here in Ghana.. nice place! Well, nice place for Africa anyhow. lol.

Just dropping in and saying hi to everyone.  

Lil Me

Hi RUSSS!!!!!!!!!!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Hey Russ! Hope all is well.

Russ

Hey LM and SD.. thanks. 24 hours ago I would have said yeah.. but now Im trying to get off and get home as my grandmother has passed away.

See you all in a bit.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Oh Russ.  Sorry to hear.  HUGGGZZZZ.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Sportsdude

So sorry to hear that Russ, thoughts are with you.