Started by Michel, Jun 05 08 10:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

Sportsdude

working in an office is inhumane. lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

Well be thankful you don't work at an office park. Those should be banned. isolation. They're even more depressing to drive through at night.  

Lise

Actually working anywhere is bad. We should all just hang out on the beach sipping pina colada right now.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

I agree all working is bad.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Now I've retired, I realise just how bad the workplace really is.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

Marik

I recently got a job in a kitchen part time as a line cook (won't say where) but this job is so stressful!!!

From 6:00 - 9:00 pm is the usual evening rush, and it's always the worst on Saturdays... order after order after order... cleaning is my favourite part of the job... no stress but it's always around 9:00 - 12:00 am
Everyone's swearing in the kitchen, especially when someone makes or takes the wrong dish... sigh...
And Father's Day is coming up... :(   *gulp*  

Lise

Hey Marik, long time no see!!! Good to see you.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Hey Marik!  Good for you.
 You'll get to enjoy being "in the zone" during the evening rush.
 *sniff*  I worked in that industry for years.   Good times.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

What's this job stuff, I've never had one (at least with a job with people and during the day)

waah :((((

Lise

Sometimes I WISH I work alone. Nobody to fracken tell me what to do or how to do it, or bitch about the other person.

Maybe I should really start thinking about cleaning animals' teeth for a living instead.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Haha working alone has its pluses and minuses. Minus if you thrive on people interaction (myself) you get down in the dumps a lot because you don't talk to anyone. Plus is that you're alone and nobody is there to bitch at you.  

Lise

At this point, SD, I would rather just talk to my gloved hand than the people around me. At least my glove hand won't hold a dagger to stab me in the back. One of these days, I'm sure that dagger will get its chance. *sigh*

Someone just send me a winning lottery ticket so I can quit!
Bill Cosby.