Top 100 from 30 Years Ago

Started by Lil Me, Apr 29 08 11:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

P.C.

I can play ALL of those.....[FONT size=1]on the radio[/FONT].
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

Michel

Lil Me

Something in the news today about an ancient Jimi Hendrix sex tape?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

P.C.

I saw that.....but there is some pretty solid evidence that it may not be him.  All based on how many rings the guy was wearing.....lol  

P.C.

I never knew the song as being performed by anyone other than Hendrix.  I know Dylan wrote it, but be darned if I can hear him doing it.

Michel

[span style="" times="" new="" roman="" ;="" lang="EN-CA"]
[/span]

P.C.

OH WOW......I listened to the first 3 bars, and it all came back.  THANKS Michel !

Lise

Michel wrote:
AHAHAHAH !

On Fossil ROCK FM of course...

OMG. We shall say there's an older co-worker at work who constantly plays this station. That and Clear FM and stupid 103.5 whatever. Bloody leave my 95 Crave and JackFM alone plz!!!! GRRR!

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

stretchedout

That list is bogus.  The Who's "Who are you?" should be in the top ten.  Yes, the last album by this band was released 30 years ago.  Albums without Keith Moon don't count.  The Who were the third band to ever be on the front page of Time, in 1979.  Here's what the author of the article wrote about them -

"outpaced, outlasted, outlived and outclassed" all of their rock band contemporaries."

Sadly, shortly thereafter, Moon was taken away.
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

stretchedout

The song - [A href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=JgWQ1erBnMo"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=JgWQ1erBnMo[/A]
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

Van

^ agree with all of these lists. I think they are just pop hits though. Like the list from 1998. I see no Tool, Sublime, etc. on the list. That is the stuff I was digging in '98, not Usher!

The Who are styling and yes, Moon was a pure drum revolutionist!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

|