Seattle SuperSonics are no more, they've moved to Oklahoma

Started by Sportsdude, Apr 18 08 08:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Van

they should just support the T-Birds! woohoo!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I dunno, i'm getting the overall feeling the pacific northwest just isn't a major professional sports market. Yeah everyone will like the mlb, nfl, and in vancouver's case the nhl team, but that's all I think the area can support. (throw in 2 to 3 mls teams (seattle, vanouver, portland?) in the future).

Only reason I can figure, is my own personal tv sports habits these days. BC/Seattle/Portland if you're not outside, experiencing nature, you're missing out. Pacific Northwest isn't this flat cold boring place where all you do on the weekends is watch tv. (those were the weekends i remember growing up, nothing to do except watch the tube).  

Anybody think I'm on to something here? I mean I've gone to parks on the weekends and I see families digging for clams and all sort of fun stuff, while I never had that, it was entertain myself with college football on the weekends or drive to the mall. eck.

who needs a sports team when you've got this awesome environment around you?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

Maybe? I know I could care less if the Canucks left town. But I know a lot of folks that would cry insanity. I would rather kids have the ice time than a bunch of sniviling millionaires.  

Sportsdude

but overall Van, you go out in the weekends and experience the nature of where we live. Sitting at home would seem as a waste. These sports teams only thrive on large scale viewership (ratings) and participation in merchandise going to the games etc. If the majority would rather be in a park somewhere. The market for these teams shrinks.  

P.C.

Then it'll cost big bucks to get into the parks.....
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Sportsdude wrote:
Sitting at home would seem as a waste.
   lol, sometimes just sitting at home can be bliss after a lot of busy weekends.

Sportsdude

yeah i can see that, too. Except I'd still go to a park or something and sit.  

Van

yeah for sure. Just nice to take the time to make a sweet breakfast and chill out on a Saturday once in awhile is a healthy thing.

stare at the clouds and drink coffee, listening to Van Morrison or something.

Sportsdude

i did that a couple weeks ago when it was really warm.