Tax Refund Survey

Started by Lil Me, Apr 09 08 01:55

Previous topic - Next topic

What are you going to do with your tax refund?

I don't get one
4 (33.3%)
Pay bills
4 (33.3%)
Add it to savings
3 (25%)
Buy something
0 (0%)
Other
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Lil Me

Good for you!  I netfiled a couple of days ago and paid at the bank yesterday.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

49er wrote:
[em]Sportsdude wrote:
i got a tax refund sheet, it was optional though. didn't fill it out.  
[/em]  

you didn't file 2007 Fed to get the Bush's rebate?

No Canada.
US stuff would be sent to my U.S. residence since I officially live in two residences, I believe. No US stuff comes here, but I'm sure it will, eventually. The IRS people have to be the most incompetent people on the planet.  I highly doubt they're smart of enough to realize I live in Canada (and will permenantly).

They've first have to get over the whole 'SD is two people' thing. Its rather comical to get to tax forms with your nick name that you use 24/7 and your official name (this is the 3rd year now they've done this, the joke is getting a bit old/sad that they can't figure out that I am the same person). One of these days I'll just go up to the nearest IRS building and just say "hey guys I'm not two people, I didn't clone myself."

That seemed to have worked with the Democratic Party, they stopped sending me stuff after I wrote them a letter saying I was "moving to Canada to seek a better life, please take me off your mailing lists, call lists, email lists asking me for money".

Anyway the Canada tax rebate was for tution in book fees. 280 bucks. I feel stupid now, could of used that money to get back home. Although it would of been in Canadian so it probably would have just gone to the bank account for August when I come back. Oh well, next time.

I wonder if Gordo's cash giveaway for going 'green' applies to me. Anybody know when he starts handing out cash to everyone?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

I owe. Im kinda in the same boat as you LM, but Im in a grey area. Hard to explain really. Im trying something new this year that will hopefully make a HUGE difference.

I wouldnt think you would be eligable SD for the refund here. But again, you never know.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Yeah I don't know either. I sort of fall into the grey area. I'm a driver in BC, but ICBC doesn't know who the heck I am (well they might now after the red light ticket I think I'm going to get). Weirder things have happened. If it comes, I'll take the money, but I personally see the whole thing as a farce. If I wasn't a student I'd give the money to a homeless shelter or something.

I think the sadder part is that BC still has to pay health premiums. Alberta finally dropped their premiums. Why not BC?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Got my Notice of Assessment.  CCRA recalculated my provincial taxes and I need to pay another $89.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Bugga !  

Why don't they just mind their own business.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Geepers!  Why don't they just tell you that you get an extra $89 back!

Mr PL hasn't received his assessment back yet but he owes quite a bit... hopefully, we can pay in installments.

Lil Me

CCRA is happy to receive the money however you want to pay.

Sucks, though.

Michel

purelife

It sure is taking a while.  Mr PL hasn't even received his notice of assessment and he filed his taxes a month ago.  

At least payment plans work with CCRA or we'd be screwed (financially). :(

Michel

purelife

Did you go for the direct deposit option, Michel?  

Michel

purelife

I know that cheques take longer to issue and send versus direct deposit is much quicker.  I'm guessing you didn't receive your notice of assessment?

Michel

|