The Movies Thread

Started by Van, Mar 19 08 08:12

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Van wrote:
 I haven't gone to the theatres a lot. Last one was Horton Hears a Who. I am out of touch.[/DIV]
 They made a Horton Hears a Who movie? Really?

I watched teh new rambo movie last night. Stalone didnt even look like Rambo from past movies! It was shorter than the other ones too it seemed.

Starfishie wants to go see that Indiana Jones movie.. would you recommend it Van or is it a renting movie?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Can't believe you paid good money to see Rambo 16.

Btw, has anyone seen Rocky Balboa?  I haven't...yet.  I can't even bear to waste a free rental coupon from Rogers on it.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Van

Russ wrote:
Van wrote:
I haven't gone to the theatres a lot. Last one was Horton Hears a Who. I am out of touch.[/DIV]
 They made a Horton Hears a Who movie? Really?

I watched teh new rambo movie last night. Stalone didnt even look like Rambo from past movies! It was shorter than the other ones too it seemed.

Starfishie wants to go see that Indiana Jones movie.. would you recommend it Van or is it a renting movie?[/DIV]
 Horton was a cool show too. Pretty G rated, but sometimes that is good for me!

As for Indy 4. I would go if you liked the other Indiana movies. Lots of action for the big screen. Tons of cool scenes. Very far fetched action. Then I think back to the originals and it wasn't much different.  The overal story was kind of...?? Hard to describe. Not an amazing storyline, but still cool.

Like I say, if you are an Indy fan like me, I would go to the big screen.

(please don't throw a tomatoe at me if you hate it)....
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Can't wait to see Indy.  Hopefully later this month.

Heckyl saw Kung Fu Panda today with some friends.  He enjoyed it.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

If you want to see any 'Rambo' film see 'Son of Rambo' its about kids in Britain growing up in the 80s one a trouble maker the other is part of a strict christian religious sect where he can't watch movies.

Still this is the best movie I've seen all year:

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Marik

hey hey hey Rambo 4 is good!! I can't believe people are talking smack about it!

I paid $12.50 at Silvercity to see some good action, and that's EXACTLY what I got!
Stallone (who was huge by the way) went around killing a bunch of bad guys in Burma... great kill scenes... action movies don't get better than this!
If I had to pay to see it again, I would!

Michel

P.C.

Yea....straight magazines.  They look so messy when they're not straight.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Sportsdude

I don't know, this is the english poster, which nobody cares about probably.
The Danish poster has American dollars bills making the Swastika.

The German poster is just the title and the lead character on the beach

Lise

Need some much needed lighter movies in here!!!

[FONT size=6]*SCREAM*[/FONT]      
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol. Booo I like my deep thinking, super heavy movies!

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
lol. Booo I like my deep thinking, super heavy movies!

Sportsdude

NEVAR!! Indie films for ever, defeat Hollywood propaganda, restore the 'art' in films!

|